Top 23 Longest-Lasting Cars: Trucks and Toyota's Dominate the List

Any vehicle can last 250K if the owner is willing to care for it and spend money on repair as neded.
A one ton pickup is not kept as a thing of joy or for its comfort or luxury.
It's a work vehicle and made to be used and abused.
Dented up bodywork and faded paint are not factors typically considered in deciding when one of these needs replacement while most drivers of personal transporation are a little more sensitive to the aestetics.

Any vehicle can last 250K if the owner is willing to care for it and spend money on repair as neded.
A one ton pickup is not kept as a thing of joy or for its comfort or luxury.
It's a work vehicle and made to be used and abused.
Dented up bodywork and faded paint are not factors typically considered in deciding when one of these needs replacement while most drivers of personal transporation are a little more sensitive to the aestetics.
I think I would reword your post to say" most one ton pickups are kept as a thing of joy, and for their comfort and luxury- yet they are designed and built for work and to be used and abused, that is why they have a longer average life than their non heavy duty vehicle counterparts".

I think I would reword your post to say" most one ton pickups are kept as a thing of joy, and for their comfort and luxury- yet they are designed and built for work and to be used and abused, that is why they have a longer average life than their non heavy duty vehicle counterparts".
it is also worth saying most 1 ton pickups are so expensive to replace spending 5000 dollars to fix it and keep it going is a viable option whereas when the average automobile gets to the point you need to spend 5 grand to fix it, you'll probably toss it and get another. At least that is my take on it..

Freind of mine has an auto towing company... he uses 1 ton dually's, usually Rams w Cummins... his truck tows a 45 foot enclosed gooseneck trailer with 2 cars in it most of the time. he average around 100,000 miles a year... when these trucks get up around 600k on them he starts looking for a new one. I know he still has his first Ram, its from the 2000's, it is past 800,000 miles , it still runs but it is mostly a spare to use around his farm. The truck is since retired, think it is close to 600k now, he has a 2021 Ram now. Mean to ask him how many miles are on it.
99022255_10217966831462088_4075265017136545792_n.jpg
this is the odometer from his 2014 Ram 3500 when he hit a milestone.
1 mike dement.jpg

it is also worth saying most 1 ton pickups are so expensive to replace spending 5000 dollars to fix it and keep it going is a viable option whereas when the average automobile gets to the point you need to spend 5 grand to fix it, you'll probably toss it and get another. At least that is my take on it..

Freind of mine has an auto towing company... he uses 1 ton dually's, usually Rams w Cummins... his truck tows a 45 foot enclosed gooseneck trailer with 2 cars in it most of the time. he average around 100,000 miles a year... when these trucks get up around 600k on them he starts looking for a new one. I know he still has his first Ram, its from the 2000's, it is past 800,000 miles , it still runs but it is mostly a spare to use around his farm. The truck is since retired, think it is close to 600k now, he has a 2021 Ram now. Mean to ask him how many miles are on it. View attachment 154400 this is the odometer from his 2014 Ram 3500 when he hit a milestone.
Of note, I have three F-350s. I only use them for towing, and they are setup for different trailers. I would like to retire two of the F350s, but their replacement cost makes that super prohibitive, as I only use them for towing trailers. 2002 F350 V10, crew cab, 4.3 gears, gooseneck, 4wd. 2007 F350, 5.4, standard cab, RWD, 8 foot bed. 2015 F350, 6.7L, 4wd, super cab, cap on eight foot bed.

Of note, I have three F-350s. I only use them for towing, and they are setup for different trailers. I would like to retire two of the F350s, but their replacement cost makes that super prohibitive, as I only use them for towing trailers. 2002 F350 V10, crew cab, 4.3 gears, gooseneck, 4wd. 2007 F350, 5.4, standard cab, RWD, 8 foot bed. 2015 F350, 6.7L, 4wd, super cab, cap on eight foot bed.
3 of them... wow. I have a 2016 Ram 3500, but its just broke in at 126,000 miles. I bought it for towing too but I drive it just for the hell of it.

The Chevy Avalanche came in 17th overall and 8th in the truck class….and GM stopped building the Avalanche a decade ago! :unsure: Having said that, my old 2005 Avalanche has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned and just rolled over 238,000 miles.

3 of them... wow. I have a 2016 Ram 3500, but its just broke in at 126,000 miles. I bought it for towing too but I drive it just for the hell of it.
Most of them have salvage titles.

Last edited:
The Chevy Avalanche came in 17th overall and 8th in the truck class….and GM stopped building the Avalanche a decade ago! :unsure: Having said that, my old 2005 Avalanche has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned and just rolled over 238,000 miles.
its worth saying a Avalanche is nothing but a Suburban with a pickup bed.. or maybe its part Tahoe and Silverado.. but yeah, they should hold up as well as any other Chevy Pickup.. don't even know why they consider it a separate model.

Back