GASOLINE ‼️ What is your to go favorite station ? TOP TEAR GAS

The whole gas quality debate thing is an interesting one, as it is all gasoline. That one puzzles me a little. Sometimes the gas you pay the most for.. is it the "best?" Then some people go and lump octane into it.

I'm kind of surprised at the result of my own experiments but we can leave that for another thread, Exxon has a decent price, price around town is wildly different and if price comes down to taxes; be happy you dont live in Pennsylvania.

So, again.. since Costco told non-members they cant come.. after flirting with Speedway, Exxon even has the lower price so that is kind of a no-brainer (branded gas next to unbranded, same price.. hey, guess what, both are gas.. but I'd select the named one, if it wasnt crazy maneuvers to get in/out which also sometimes happens.)

Your car doesnt know what gas went in unless there is something wrong with it.

I used to go to top tier if I could and it was the same price since why not. But there are far fewer around South Carolina anymore, a lot of stations have dropped off the program, and around here those are left are sketchy.

I would rather have a station that cycles its fuel more frequently, and occasionally dump a can of Techron in myself.

Shell because they have the lowest prices around and are the closest. They also get a delivery every other day so I know its fresh.

Costco is my first choice. But if I'm lazy, I go to the Valero down the street - the prices are within 10-15 cents/gal of Costco.

I go to Costco 90% of the time now because it is the least expensive. But my favorites, in order, are Shell, Mobil, Chevron (none near me), Phillips 66, and Country Mark.

Costco is my first choice. But if I'm lazy, I go to the Valero down the street - the prices are within 10-15 cents/gal of Costco.
I've been using Petro-Canada Ultra94 (formerly Sunoco Ultra94) in the Jeep lately, ever since I had that insane pinging incident with the mislabelled 91 that I bought at Esso that was clearly 87.

I only fill up once a month and was using Costco in the past. Now I head a couple of miles more down to Buc-ees, fill up, and run the Pilot through the car wash.

Costco is always my first choice. Even when traveling I look for a Costco station.
In my area, if I choose not to go to Costco for fuel, then there's an Exxon station close by that I'll visit. Chevron is also a Costco alternative.

When traveling, I always look for busy, Top Tier stations.

Royal Farm Stores. Otherwise WAWA. Neither is top tier. But they pump tons of gas. Tanker usually there two times a day, sometimes three.

I do like Top Tier gas, but used to run it a lot more than I have in the past year or so, since many of the brands in the Midwest dropped off the list. BP and Kwik Trip aren’t present on the list any more (likely the two most common brands in WI). I run a lot of Kwik Trip fuel,
as it’s ubiquitous in MN/WI, and am confident they’d take care of me in the event of a problem with the fuel (they mention they guarantee the fuel they sell, and have super upstanding customer service and clean stores). Their stores are busy enough that the gas they’re selling should be fresh, as well. It was one of the things I used to sweat more than I do now, in large part because of all the ex-TT-rated brands that I still stop at. I also run quite a bit of Casey’s/Kum and Go, neither of which have ever been TT rated.

Back