Eating out, beware you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the more reason why establishments like restaurants,
businesses, ect need to allow honorable, good citizens to carry their weapons at all times.

Also this explains why LEOs take their approach to ANYONE so seriously. You always have to expect the UNexpected, if it were me I would have asked if anyone knew his name and knowing what the staff at the Panera said I would have approached this individual with EXTREME caution and NEVER let his hands leave my sight.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
businesses, ect need to allow honorable, good citizens to carry their weapons at all times.

Yep shoot outs would help.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

No, but an accurate shot to the head would have been the end of the perps deadly actions. I would have NEVER lost sight of the suspects hands and if he went reaching I would have dropped him right then and there.

Remember this is Maryland..not very gun-friendly.
Anytime I am somewhere where I am sitting...church, restaurant, etc. I am carrying.

Its actually called self defence, unless you are unarmed. Then its called "shooting a victim"

Last edited:

No, but an accurate shot to the head would have been the end of the perps deadly actions. I would have NEVER lost sight of the suspects hands and if he went reaching I would have dropped him right then and there.

I love the insinuation that your average firearm owner has Jason Bourne abilities with firearms.

They need to keep establishing gun free zones for people that believe in government control of the population so that criminals know where to go and the rest of us can stay clear.

These gun free zones should be clearly marked so there is no confusion.

Also this explains why LEOs take their approach to ANYONE so seriously. You always have to expect the UNexpected, if it were me I would have asked if anyone knew his name and knowing what the staff at the Panera said I would have approached this individual with EXTREME caution and NEVER let his hands leave my sight.

I'm pro gun and a gun owner. But I am *NOT* pro vigilante.

LEOs undergo immense training. Both physical and psych. They are to be trusted and respected b/c of it. I do not trust some moron that took the 2-day concealed carry class to handle a high stress situation like a COP would.

[censored] I can barely go through a range day without some moron forgetting to properly clear his/her firearm when range goes cold.

Originally Posted By: KingCake

LEOs undergo immense training. Both physical and psych. They are to be trusted and respected b/c of it. I do not trust some moron that took the 2-day concealed carry class to handle a high stress situation like a COP would.

[censored] I can barely go through a range day without some moron forgetting to properly clear his/her firearm when range goes cold.

I was specifically speaking with regard to the trained LEOs.
However I'm willing to suffer a potentially poorly trained
good citizen trying to eliminate a deadly threat when an armed and dangerous perp is shooting at those innocents around him or an immediate threat to any life.

Originally Posted By: KingCake

I qualified sharp shooter and remember being incredibly nervous during the test. I remember firing for each set and then being done. That was a while ago. I'm not sure I'd be able to focus on someone I'm trying to shoot AND be aware every one in the vicinity and any potential collateral damage I might unintentionally cause, to be honest.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I'd keep a weapon to protect myself, but don't honestly know, in the real world, in the heat of the moment, if it would make sense to get into a gun battle with a bad guy in a crowded area. Great, I killed him; not so great, I accidentally killed someone else, too. Would that be involuntary manslaughter?

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I'd keep a weapon to protect myself, but don't honestly know, in the real world, in the heat of the moment, if it would make sense to get into a gun battle with a bad guy in a crowded area. Great, I killed him; not so great, I accidentally killed someone else, too. Would that be involuntary manslaughter?

Exactly...think long and hard before engaging someone who is not threatening you or yours. I don't arm myself to get into a gunfight bc I am not capable of it. Obviously most non-leos that carry 15 rounds are not capable of it either. The thing is, I know it..some of these guys don't.

Anybody who thinks LEOs go through intense training is very misinformed. The average gun enthusiast shoots more often and more accurately than your average LEO who views their gun like a carpenter views a screw driver. i would encourage you to find out what local range they qualify at and go observe. For every officer Tacklberry there are 100 clowns.

A gun is a tool...nothing more. Having a tool gives you options. Not having the tool eliminates these options. Don't be scared of sane law-biding citizens possessing these tools.

Originally Posted By: Doublehaul
Anybody who thinks LEOs go through intense training is very misinformed. The average gun enthusiast shoots more often and more accurately than your average LEO who views their gun like a carpenter views a screw driver.

Interesting. I'm an elected county supervisor and I know exactly what we spend to keep our local sheriff's office trained. Our deputies practice on a regular basis as part of their job, and we also send them to annual training along with specialized training such as K9 training. My guess is, unless you are also a county supervisor and know exactly how much the training budget is in your county, you are the one who is misinformed.

Liberals and anti-gunners always use the "shoot out" or "you're a bad shot" excuse to overcome any idea or discussion about arming citizens. They fail to apply the same standard to anything else in life. These are the same people who approve late term abortion. So talking logic to them is a complete waste of air. In this case the guy was a criminal and the officers didn't know it.

Had they known they would have probably waited until he left the crowded restaurant to arrest him. very unfortunate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

I love the insinuation that your average firearm owner has Jason Bourne abilities with firearms.

I love your insinuation that I don't have the ability to defend myself properly. Nobody has Jason Bourne abilities and to use a fictitious character as a yardstick is ludicrous.

We don't hear about poorly trained citizens involved in unintentional shootings but we do hear about LE shootouts with 150 shots fired and 3 hits. Where did the other 147 bullets go? With national response time of 10 minutes and local response times up to 35 minutes it's only rational to be able to defend yourself.

The second cop went into the situation knowing that the guy was a cop-killer, and he still got shot and killed. Carrying a gun does not make you bulletproof. It makes you a priority target.

Sorry, no, but an LE uniform does, particularly if it's shooting at you.

The bad guy shot the cop in the head then left. He didn't shoot up the place. No reason for an armed citizen to shoot or pursue. The second cop got shot purposely engaging a known threat. Again, nothing a citizen should be doing.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Anybody who thinks LEOs go through intense training is very misinformed. The average gun enthusiast shoots more often and more accurately than your average LEO who views their gun like a carpenter views a screw driver.

Interesting. I'm an elected county supervisor and I know exactly what we spend to keep our local sheriff's office trained. Our deputies practice on a regular basis as part of their job, and we also send them to annual training along with specialized training such as K9 training. My guess is, unless you are also a county supervisor and know exactly how much the training budget is in your county, you are the one who is misinformed.

Oh im sorry...I forgot about the excellent reputation that elected officials have at spending taxpayer money wisely and getting results...said no one ever

Anybody who thinks LEOs go through intense training is very misinformed. The average gun enthusiast shoots more often and more accurately than your average LEO who views their gun like a carpenter views a screw driver. i would encourage you to find out what local range they qualify at and go observe. For every officer Tacklberry there are 100 clowns.

A gun is a tool...nothing more. Having a tool gives you options. Not having the tool eliminates these options. Don't be scared of sane law-biding citizens possessing these tools.

Range time doesn't make you capable of handling a tactical situation. Believe it or not, but marksmanship is, while important, a tiny fraction of the overall training one needs for such situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back