Castrol edge EP - now claims 25K OCI

There was a post about it a few weeks ago but now the website officially claims it. Hopefully it'll start coming back to Walmart.

Screenshot_20240415_091519_Chrome.jpg

Stuff like this drives me crazy - they give a warranty tied to a 25,000 mile oil and then state that the warranty is void if you don't follow the manufacturer's vehicle maintenance schedule:

Quote "It does not cover claims that are the result of collision, negligent or intentional abuse, improper service or maintenance,"
Unquote.

So which is it? Follow the OEM recommendations and change your oil at a reasonable interval or follow their ridiculous recommendation and void both your vehicles warranty AND the Castrol warranty? This stuff makes no sense. The marketers are working overtime on this stuff.

It looks like all the OCIs for Castrol changed

GTX = 10k

EDGE= 20K

EDGE EP= 25K

It says "up to 25,000 miles." The limit and disclaimer is the car manufacturer's requested oil change interval. I don't think that's unclear but they could have stated it a bit more clearly.

Stuff like this drives me crazy - they give a warranty tied to a 25,000 mile oil and then state that the warranty is void if you don't follow the manufacturer's vehicle maintenance schedule:
It's worse than that. You actually have to follow the manufacturer's severe service interval for any claim made after 18k miles.

The vehicle also has to be under 6 years old. Drivetrain warranties are usually 5 years or longer, and while you could potentially have a lube-related failure that isn't covered under warranty, but is covered by Castrol's guarantee, I can't imagine they're making payouts very often.

Is that a no seams garage metal roof behind that guy?
If that's a 6ft wall behind him, then the lowest edge of that roof with gutter attached may give someone a big headache and/or bloody forehead, walking into it at night.
I'm imagining the gutter system at about the same height as that wall.
....... or am I looking at this all wrong?

Back