Are corduroy pants going out of style?

Just saw some snazzy dark red cords at the Lord & Taylor store closing sale yesterday. Probably a slim fit, though.

I'm not buying pant's I can't try on first. Wear a 34 waist comfortably. Tried the Levi's 34 slim. Waist acceptable if slightly tight but the rest of the pants felt a bit too tight. Tried the Pierre Cardian 34 waist and I couldn't even button it up. Tried a 36 and it was still way too tight.
I'm the same as you...34" waist in most pants but find even 36" tight in some brands....I do like the newer jeans that 'flex' (usually because they add 2% spandex to 98% cotton) ...that added stretch makes them very comfortable.
One thing I detest is 'Skinny Jeans'.....a reminder of how American males have been emasculated in recent times....

Reactions: JC1
Cut them off into shorts. Corduroy shorts are irresistible to hot babes.

8Yf8MRYrp5tS4NF3ZIlRHtzSE0QQlDSY4Rx03z6I4z9O4xYQWIROiT4x3e5A4-9V5QzeV6mE95UvURgUfpDVUIPcwgGo74...jpg

Serious? I haven't seen anyone wear a pair of cords in at least 30 years. And I haven't seen them in a clothing store for that long.

I had some in the 70's...

Same here. I went to a private elementary school where boys' uniform pants were medium gray cords. But originally the only acceptable pants were salt and pepper pants that we could only find at a local school uniform supply. That and Stride Rite leather shoes with gum rubber soles. We did everything in that combination, including PE.

First time clothes shopping since the pandemic and looking for corduroy pants. Pretty much all I wear in the winter since they are warm and don't show oil or transmission fluid stains as much or at all compared to other materials. 2 or 3 years ago there were shelves full of them. Now I go into Macy's and it's one style of slim Levi's or Pierre Cardian designer pants at $95. Gap has none. Old Navy the same. What has happened to them?
They went out of style about 40-45 years ago. Right about the time platform shoes with gold fish in the heels went out of style. 🤣

They went out of style about 40-45 years ago.
Well, the ones I'm wearing now I probably got 3 years ago and they had probably twenty shelves full and a dozen racks in Macy's. Just because you're from La. and never see anyone wearing them doesn't mean they went out of style about 40-45 years ago. They are still worn up north. I could say these coveralls went out of style 40-45 years because I haven't seen anyone around here wear them in that long, but I assume they are still popular down your way.

14570120-classic-smiling-senior-farmer-with-straw-hat-plaid-shirt-bib-overalls-holding-hay-fork-vertical-layo.jpg

Well, the ones I'm wearing now I probably got 3 years ago and they had probably twenty shelves full and a dozen racks in Macy's. Just because you're from La. and never see anyone wearing them doesn't mean they went out of style about 40-45 years ago. They are still worn up north. I could say these coveralls went out of style 40-45 years because I haven't seen anyone around here wear them in that long, but I assume they are still popular down your way.

14570120-classic-smiling-senior-farmer-with-straw-hat-plaid-shirt-bib-overalls-holding-hay-fork-vertical-layo.jpg

Those look like jean overalls. Nothing corduroy about those.

That guy's not even from Louisiana. I'm fairly certain that's Uncle Joe, movin' kinda slow at the junction, Petticoat Junction. Born in D.C.

Uhh, in my part of "the North" they're not. Maybe in the "trendier" cities, but not in my rural parts. Overalls are the go-to around here.

I remember having a few pairs when I was a little kid I think mine came from JcPenny and Walmart but they don’t sell them anymore at those places. I personally don’t care for them they make me too hot lol I prefer my work pants or jeans or overalls which are all common here in the south.

Back