Are corduroy pants going out of style?

First time clothes shopping since the pandemic and looking for corduroy pants. Pretty much all I wear in the winter since they are warm and don't show oil or transmission fluid stains as much or at all compared to other materials. 2 or 3 years ago there were shelves full of them. Now I go into Macy's and it's one style of slim Levi's or Pierre Cardian designer pants at $95. Gap has none. Old Navy the same. What has happened to them?

I buy flannel lined jeans from Key Apparel to wear in the winter, or used to buy from Cabela’s. I have not seen corduroy in years except maybe LL Bean.

check Amazon. They seem to have a few to choose form, depending on your size.
I'm not buying pant's I can't try on first. Wear a 34 waist comfortably. Tried the Levi's 34 slim. Waist acceptable if slightly tight but the rest of the pants felt a bit too tight. Tried the Pierre Cardian 34 waist and I couldn't even button it up. Tried a 36 and it was still way too tight.

Only if your name is Larry
Or Cousin Eddy (from National Lampoon Christmas Vacation).

I had the thin line corduroys as a youngster and teen back in the 70’s/80’s as so many others did at the time . Levis, wranglers. They were nice...at the time. Not running out to look for them though. We weren’t that well off growing up, so also wore some hideous plaid pants. Hand-me-down stuff. Polyester leisure suits would be preferable...non-plaid... of course. Ha.

I'm not buying pant's I can't try on first. Wear a 34 waist comfortably. Tried the Levi's 34 slim. Waist acceptable if slightly tight but the rest of the pants felt a bit too tight. Tried the Pierre Cardian 34 waist and I couldn't even button it up. Tried a 36 and it was still way too tight.
Covid 20 ?

They come and go, I remember they were popular in the late 50's early 60's then disappeared until the mid 70's then went out again until the late 80's early 90's. I kind of lost track after that. I always thought they were warmer than jeans but they got baggy and you always made the voom voom sound walking and boy could they generate some static.

Back