What are you eating right now?

I was talking about pancetta, bacon and guanciale today at work. Great timing!
From another source, I ordered a guanciale, which should be here any day. The plan is to, over time, try different brands and cures and find my preferences. Mortadella is also on the list for further exploration.

1705096212539.jpeg

From another source, I ordered a guanciale, which should be here any day. The plan is to, over time, try different brands and cures and find my preferences. Mortadella is also on the list for further exploration.

View attachment 198080
Mortadella, baloney's classy cousin. I saw a Mortadella that must have been 30 inches across in Bologna, no baloney! I enjoy mortadella with prosciutto and mustard on a crunchy roll.

Mhmm, smoked summer sausage. I'm telling myself the curing agent is merely a nitric oxide booster and the dosage pales in comparison to eating beets or celery. If I am not careful nothing will remain of that sausage by the time my hungry wife walks in. She fancies summer sausage. That woman can eat. Now, where is that brick of Swiss cheese hiding?

Last edited:
Late Lunch: Brussels Sprouts and Yukon Gold Potatoes lightly fried with Pancetta and Garlic topped with a gentle dusting of young Pecorino Romano and put under the broiler for a few minutes.

1705109579686.jpeg

Last edited:
Talked with my best friend this morning. Told me she made breakfast burritos and made me hungry for one.

So with vavavroom in mind, I made scrambled eggs in the microwave.;)
No burritos in my house, so pretty much an egg and ham sandwich. No salsa either and topped with taco sauce.
Oh well, filled up my belly at least. Had bread anyway and made do.

Back