What are you eating right now?

Added whole grain piece of toast
20240113_070654.jpg

Italian Cowboy Beans for Lunch: This is my variation of an Italian variation of the traditional Fagioli all'Uccelletto, beans in tomato sauce. The Italian variation is sometimes called
Fagioli alla Trinità or Fagioli alla Bud Spenser.

The dish is inspired by the 1970 Spaghetti western, They Call Me Trinity. Bud Spenser played the sheriff in the movie. The hearty plate of cowboy beans which was served in a famous scene of the film is based on the Tuscan dish called "Fagioli all'Uccelletta."

An Italian variation of the traditional dish includes additional ingredients of chili peppers, onion, and pancetta. My version is quite similar but uses chipotle and Calabrian chilies, smoked pancetta, homemade smoked garlic, and finely diced shallot. Regular, not too heavily smoked, American-style bacon would go well here also. Sometimes I'll add smoked black pepper, but not today.

The bread is a locally made wheat bread.

Cowboy Beans for Lunch.jpg

Italian Cowboy Beans for Lunch: This is my variation of an Italian variation of the traditional Fagioli all'Uccelletto, beans in tomato sauce. The Italian variation is sometimes called
Fagioli alla Trinità or Fagioli alla Bud Spenser.

The dish is inspired by the 1970 Spaghetti western, They Call Me Trinity. Bud Spenser played the sheriff in the movie. The hearty plate of cowboy beans which was served in a famous scene of the film is based on the Tuscan dish called "Fagioli all'Uccelletta."

An Italian variation of the traditional dish includes additional ingredients of chili peppers, onion, and pancetta. My version is quite similar but uses chipotle and Calabrian chilies, smoked pancetta, homemade smoked garlic, and finely diced shallot. Regular, not too heavily smoked, American-style bacon would go well here also. Sometimes I'll add smoked black pepper, but not today.

The bread is a locally made wheat bread.

View attachment 198260
Spencer and Hill. Hill played of course again Trinity. Spencer's real name was Carlo Pedersoli and he died some years ago. Terrence Hill or rather Mario Giorotti is in his 80s and is still acting. Loved the messy bean-eating and farting scenes in their spaghetti westerns as well as the preposterous fist fights in all their movies.

Stained plain white yogurt blended with blueberries and inulin. Straining removes much of the lactose aka milk sugar and makes the product creamier and thicker. Strained yogurt is sold as "Greek Yogurt," an idiotic advertising term.

Spencer and Hill. Hill played of course again Trinity. Spencer's real name was Carlo Pedersoli and he died some years ago. Terrence Hill or rather Mario Giorotti is in his 80s and is still acting. Loved the messy bean-eating and farting scenes in their spaghetti westerns as well as the preposterous fist fights in all their movies.
(y)
I was surprised to discover how many movies they made together.

My version of a Hot Toddy. Medicinal use, of course. Half rum half amaretto, a stick of cinnamon, and a slice of lemon. Didn't feel like snapping a pic. I was cooped up indoors all day and when I went for a run in the evening I got a bit too cold. Should have worn a long-sleeved shirt and sweats. In other news, the elbow that I tweaked a couple of months ago is suddenly improving. I must have caused a bit of damage to the pronator teres which resulted in epicondylitis. I was getting worried but the problem is resolving on its own.

Back