RP API or Amsoil OE

Agreed. It was just a price point reference, NOT a condoning of the actual purchase.
Another alternative is Harvest King 0w20, Harvest King is only $13.99 at Rural King, full synthetic and Dexos1 gen2 so it should be pretty good oil, Given that the Toyota holds 8.5qts I couldn't see putting expensive botique oil in it if you're only doing 7500mi OCIs, with that much oil in the sump 7500mi on Harvest King, Supertech or other low cost synthetic should be no problem.

RP. I can 0w20 online delivered (AAFES) for $58 for 10 quarts
Our Walmart (deep south USA) has just about every oil discussed on BITOG except for some high price specialty ones like - Amsoil and Redline. They have been stocking Royal Purple for a long time.

Our Walmart (deep south USA) has just about every oil discussed on BITOG except for some high price specialty ones like - Amsoil and Redline. They have been stocking Royal Purple for a long time.
You can get the Royal Purple product that I presume is a cheap offering from Calumet put in a Royal Purple bottle, similar to Redline's "Professional Series" that's just some run of the mill Phillips 66 oil in a Redline branded bottle, the "real" Royal Purple offerings have to be ordered online or at specialty stores.

You can get the Royal Purple product that I presume is a cheap offering from Calumet put in a Royal Purple bottle, similar to Redline's "Professional Series" that's just some run of the mill Phillips 66 oil in a Redline branded bottle, the "real" Royal Purple offerings have to be ordered online or at specialty stores.
So does that mean all of the Royal Purple we see at (are you saying Walmart only or?) all walk in stores sell low grade oil that is not top Royal Purple grade? How do we find this stuff out?
Many auto stores in my area have been selling Royal Purple for years. Never seen Red Line except in a few auto parts places. So do you have some knowledge to share with people who can then find this type stuff out at on internet? I had a plumbing supply house owner tell me one time that all the folks who run to the Home Depots and Lowe's to get name parts for cheap are getting lower grade products from there because the manufacturers make that grade to be sold at a discount in the Home Depots type stores. I have also been told that name brand tires you can buy at Walmarts are also a step lower quality and that is why / how they can offer them a deep discounts that tire stores can not offer.

The API/ILSAC stuff that carries approvals from manufacturers is a cheaper oil from Calumet, if you can find HPS or HMX with synerlec that's the "real" Royal Purple.

Ok..to prevent negativity just asking from personal experience. Which oil would you go with for 7500 changes on a 2018 Tundra?

Both Grp III w maybe a splash of IV but what about add pack?
I use Amsoil OE 0W-20 at 7,800 average OCI with oil light, I do UOA's and the report always comes back nicely 👍

You know I ran RP 10W-30 in my Corolla last spring and summer. Now I'm running Kirkland Brand full synthetic 5W-30 and frankly the Corolla can't tell the difference in my opinion.
I’m in a similar boat with my 2016 Avalon...I’ve run SGT, Quaker State Ultimate Durability, Valvoline Modern Engine, Pennzoil Platinum (several times), and a brew of 2-3 of the above. It doesn’t matter one single bit in my Toyota engine...at least from what I’ve seen so far. No oil consumption, no change in noise, smoothness, whatever. And I’ve seen those Corolla’s going over 300,000 miles with minimal maintenance - those things are the ultimate high mileage commuters.

My next oil change will be a collection of everything I have left over in my garage, then I think I’m just going to go with Super Tech. But, my next oil change will be...Pennzoil Platinum (2 quarts), Quaker State (1 quart), Amalie (2 quarts), NAPA synthetic (1 quart). And I’ll run it 6,000 miles.

Yet there is a part of me that wants to try a boutique oil and run it 10,000 plus miles...and I just might.

I’ve gone back and forth with Amsoil. Currently back on the wagon using SS 0W30. Going to go 10K then possibly a uoa on my 15 Tacoma 4.0L.

Ok..to prevent negativity just asking from personal experience. Which oil would you go with for 7500 changes on a 2018 Tundra?

Both Grp III w maybe a splash of IV but what about add pack?
You cant see the complete AP just the organometallics. Other than good polar base oils (where?), have had good s.o.p and data results running with a boron compound as a cold wear prophylactic and moly for hot running boundry boost. I don't like DP with the "diesel" Mg compounds in the newer SP formulation supposedly for LSPI abatement. It has always been nasty ... still is as far as I can tell - which isnt that far.
I have had good luck recent years with Valvoline advanced synthetic, haven't seen it about in the past few months, just the EP.

Tell me a good reason to install Ams OE or RP. I cant think of any.

I’m in a similar boat with my 2016 Avalon...I’ve run SGT, Quaker State Ultimate Durability, Valvoline Modern Engine, Pennzoil Platinum (several times), and a brew of 2-3 of the above. It doesn’t matter one single bit in my Toyota engine...at least from what I’ve seen so far. No oil consumption, no change in noise, smoothness, whatever. And I’ve seen those Corolla’s going over 300,000 miles with minimal maintenance - those things are the ultimate high mileage commuters.

My next oil change will be a collection of everything I have left over in my garage, then I think I’m just going to go with Super Tech. But, my next oil change will be...Pennzoil Platinum (2 quarts), Quaker State (1 quart), Amalie (2 quarts), NAPA synthetic (1 quart). And I’ll run it 6,000 miles.

Yet there is a part of me that wants to try a boutique oil and run it 10,000 plus miles...and I just might.
The only reason that RP got ran in the Corolla it was on sale at Walmart for $20 a Jug and it perked my curiosity! Just like you I have enough top off oil sitting around now next spring may be a Franken brew OCI! I have yet to see any real benefit to the so called Boutique oil in personal experience or in Documented white papers that would suggest the extra cost brings big time benefits in engine life!

I'm a fan of RP but I'm also practical, and their API oils are overpriced and nothing special. I do run their HPS line in several of our vehicles and the UOA of that oil has been very good but the only way to get it at a reasonable cost point per Qt is to buy it in 5 gallon pales.

No need for a boutique oil to do that, one is available at Walmart for about $5.50 a quart and it's guaranteed for 20,000 miles.
Mobil1 Extended Performance? It’s crossed my mind. I was considering the Super Tech 20,000 mile oil but the VOA’s don’t really appear to be much different than their regular synthetic.

Back