Post office and intelligence.

We love our Postal Service here and so does everyone in our community.
I’m shocked at some of these comments I mean come on man, hundreds of millions of Americans are serviced by these people six days a week and of course you’re gonna have issues here and there.
But I bet the service is better than the companies you work for if they were servicing hundreds of millions of Americans a day.
Trashing ones educational level then lumping an entire industry into one group is outright disgusting for lack of better words.
These are working people with families just like you.

Last edited:
I used to work for the gov and rarely have had a good encounter with any government employee behind a desk; not saying good ones don't exist but at least in my experience they are far and few in between and usually leave the job pretty early. The post office seems to be one of those places where it can be great in one town but the next town's post office is completely horrid. At least you're not dealing with the DMV or VA though.

Last edited:
I used to work for the gov and rarely have had a good encounter with any government employee behind a desk; not saying good ones don't exist but at least in my experience they are far and few in between and usually leave the job pretty early. The post office seems to be one of those places where it can be great in one town but the next town's post office is completely horrid. At least you're not dealing with the DMV or VA though.
I think that the dmv is more competent than our post office! And our dmv employees were so bad that they had to be retrained a few years back lol

We were starting a company and we’re shipping computers to our hub for set up as we hired more people. We had a spell for a month where no computers or tablets were arriving, and were declared lost. Ended up someone at UPS was stealing them and selling them on the side.

Bad people work everywhere.

USPS: “At least we’re not FedEx.”

Not a fan of the inconsistency, but I know what to expect from them. Sometimes things take 2-3 days, sometimes it’s 2-3 weeks despite using the same exact service. My current carrier is wonderful though, I should leave her a gift card or something. At our previous house though the carrier was awful, instead of walking packages to the door she’d throw them 25ft from the door.

Last edited:
Not a nice statement, many of these post office employees are temps being overworked and getting let go just to be rehired so the postal service can beat them for another 6 months of no benefits. Can't speak for all however there is the dedicated with good work ethic trying to do the right thing, but like mentioned they get lost in the system and lack of leadership and poor management is 9x out of 10 the failure which breaks the system.

I'm sure to accommodate the current generation the postal battery exams were revised to ease the process of passing grades.. I see it with the current generation the broken education system, lack of good households common sense is just hard to come by these days.

Going postal is a joke - that's what happens when someone takes their work life home with them or vice versa. People snap all the time and you just don't hear about it.

I notice they work at a snails pace even if 15 people are waiting in line.

It’s almost as if they want people to walk out and go to the UPS store.

I notice they work at a snails pace even if 15 people are waiting in line.

It’s almost as if they want people to walk out and go to the UPS store.
You're 100% correct the clerk doesn't care if you walk off line and take your business to ups. They get paid the same to serve 1 or 100 just like going to Dunkin donuts for coffee.. it shouldn't take 10+ mins for a cup of coffee but I don't hear people complaining about the wait let alone the price. Or better yet when they can't get an order correct. Seems the barista gets more respect then the postal clerk.

I think that the dmv is more competent than our post office! And our dmv employees were so bad that they had to be retrained a few years back lol
Your DMV is one CA state agency that services a fraction of the people that the US Postal Services and only services people and vehicles in your state and not the mail of entire families across the entire country. Not even a basis for comparison.
The post office serves 50 states and mail to everyone in those states. There is a little difference of scale and size here.

My son works for the PO. They work the good guys to death with the slackers taking advantage of the work rules.

In have heard the same.

Some of the Postal Workers are on a power trip. From personal experience getting a PO Box a few years ago, website indicated a Passport or DL was required to sign up.

In state DL required but since I had just moved I was still waiting on my DL appointment with DMV.

Guy at the counter refused to issue, only looking me challengingly in the eye and flatly stating that a state DL was required. I told him about the website's instructions about the Passport. He refused again, you could almost smell the puffed up ego on this guy.

I asked him to bring out his supervisor to double check. He immediately issued the PO Box.

Pure power play, might have been one of the slackers mentioned above.

But to be fair, there are some really great people that work, and work hard, for the PO.

In have heard the same.

Some of the Postal Workers are on a power trip. From personal experience getting a PO Box a few years ago, website indicated a Passport or DL was required to sign up.

In state DL required but since I had just moved I was still waiting on my DL appointment with DMV.

Guy at the counter refused to issue, only looking me challengingly in the eye and flatly stating that a state DL was required. I told him about the website's instructions about the Passport. He refused again, you could almost smell the puffed up ego on this guy.

I asked him to bring out his supervisor to double check. He immediately issued the PO Box.

Pure power play, might have been one of the slackers mentioned above.

But to be fair, there are some really great people that work, and work hard, for the PO.
Last year my Dr License expired and the SoS in Illinois closed the offices. Extended all expired items for the duration.

I needed a State picture ID for something I was doing online and they would not take the Dr Lic because it was a expired. I had a IL FOID card with my picture and they finally took that.

A few weeks ago I was next to a postal truck that was clearly running "pig rich". I guess they're exempt from smog checks.
My son hates those things. The PO was suppose to spend $13B on new vehicles this year. My rural carrier was complaining as they would make them use US gov vehicles vs their private vehicle.

But I heard Biden wants to go all electric now so he put the kibosh on the deal.

A colleague of mine from Austin said her neighborhood mailbox was vandalized, and broken. Last December.

Everyone who uses that box has been forced to go to the post office every week to get their mail, and they have no time table to replace the broken mailbox.

I am serviced by contract usps people.
It has been absolutely horrible since our long time driver retired. 2 years and I still get other people’s mail and Im always having neighbors bring our mail to us.
I recently instructed amazon that if they send any more packages by usps I will cancel the order. Well they tested me 4 times and 4 times they got to eat the package. The last straw was a acd power steering resivour that showed out for delivery 2 days in a row. I watched her drive by again on a third day so I tracked her down and waited by a neighbors mail box down the road. I demanded my box that has shown out for delivery 3 days straight.
My box was in clear sight in the back of her Jeep. I asked her why she was not delivering my package and her only comment was she must have over looked it. As soon as I got back to the house I called our post master and told him what was going on and that I was informing amazon to stop sending my stuff usps because of their always slow movement. He said he would look into it and get to me..... that never happened.

The only time I ever have any trouble with fedups is when the package has to go through the Detroit area or it originates in california. I have went paperless on all bills and my retirement/ investment stuff so usps is pretty much out of my life completely because for us they are completely unreliable.
I don’t know what the situation is with these drivers but it is my opinion that the fedups boys have consequences for undelivered packages and these contract usps people don’t. Just my opinion in my little area of the world.

My parents local post office leaves something to be desired, but ours in the county south is actually pretty decent as is the drivers.

Ours has normal hrs too whereas theirs is open like 8-10 and 12-2 with no Saturday hours. Something like that. A normal working person can’t get there in time.

Only one outfit worse than USPS. FedEx.
I would have to say DHL. My wife quotes Jurassic Park. “No wonder you’re extinct!”

On the other hand, the only place fedex hasn’t left a package at my house is on my roof. I guess they haven’t thrown it in my pond either.

Back