Where's my package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me about it. I'm sick of society being dictated by this virus...
Oh yeah, I'm sick of people being sick and dead too. There should be a law that says even if you're sick/dead, you've got to find someone to work your shift!

I’ve had this type of thing happen several times, most cases it always turns up. One time it turned up a month and a half later after I had already been refunded and everything.

Oh yeah, USPS is also the worst for being on time. I think we had someone overnight a check once for a closing. I think it the balance that they were putting down on a house and it was over 100k. My broker actually ended up lending the client the money in order to close on time. The check finally showed up a week later, I think it was supposed to be next day 10am type delivery and was over $30. On the other hand, I told this story to our regular closing attorney and she says she uses FedEx all the time and so far hasn't lost any documents.

Here's a good one, going from ~30 miles away from me all the way up to Wisconsin, then back down to me.

1623268421390.jpg

The max-luscious-best ever...

This is back in 2004. I was shipped a set of Panasonic rapid discharge batteries to refit a 3600va UPS for a set of servers @ university I was working for.

Shipment delayed day...

... after day...

.>

Plus a month and a half.

In my faculty mailbox one day, a letter arrives along with a box. The letter read:

"Dear USPS customer:

We apologize for the inconvenience. However we recovered your shipment from a USPS delivery truck accident and fire. Please contact us if there are any issues with your delivered package."

The box:

At one corner... wet. It stinks of Sulphur. It bleached the carpet in my staff head office. I, being the savvy electrical engineering staff member, swipe my 8" buck over the tape seal. Yep. I got all 16 batteries all right....

All shrunk into flat, molten plaques of plastic. I had to clear the office and call in our local HAZMAT team in bunny suits to containerize and recycle the dregs.

Inconvenience? Feh! 😤🤬

Edit: Can't blame covid-19 for incompetence. USPS has been screwing sh*t up since... well. Yeah. If not UPS, or DHL after that, it was nothing. They got me my "hazardous" shipments in one piece and on time.

Edit to the edit:

FedEx was a close second. But I watched them ship a 1lbs. package from coast, to coast, and back again in circles for two weeks. This overnight envelope saw more mileage than a NYC toilet seat in a subway. Seriously... people. 🙄

Last edited:
I ordered some bedroom furniture last year and its still in another country not loaded on the container ship yet.

I had ordered a draglink for my lawn mower off Ebay from a reputable company whom I've ordered from before. I purchased it on May 6th and the USPS received the package on the 7th and from there who knows what happened. I waited until after the date that Ebay said I could contact them about an order not received and the seller offered to ship me a replacement and that if I received the first one to just send it back, right after we agreed to that Ebay didn't like the new tracking that was provided and then refunded me but the first package finally did show up July 1st and wasn't damaged in anyway and the shipping label showed that it was shipped Priority Mail 3 day. When packages are that lost I almost always write them off as you hardly ever do receive them.

The funny thing is there was no record of tracking from the time they received it in WI and not until my local Post Office scanned it out for delivery during that timeframe.

Stuff that normally takes a few days takes weeks. Stuff that normally takes a week is going on months.

Since they are working very slow, I have to wonder how they have the storage space for all the stuff that is backing up.

Stuff that normally takes a few days takes weeks. Stuff that normally takes a week is going on months.

Since they are working very slow, I have to wonder how they have the storage space for all the stuff that is backing up.
I suspect they're storing a lot of it in-transit.

Recently I ordered something to be delivered to family in Northwest Indiana. The item shipped from Gurnee, IL, went to Chicago (makes sense so far) then went *past* the destination to Indianapolis.

But wait, there's more, from there it went to Kokomo, IN. Then to Peru, IN. Then to Gary where it finally got handed off to the local office and was delivered.

Only "logic" involved that I can think of is that the trucks from Chicago to Gary were too full and rather than find somewhere to store the item, they sent it via the scenic route. Nothing to store, and it then helps fill up the intermediate trucks to give them reason to move along.

Now the package of razor blades I ordered off of Amazon which arrived today is another story. That got lost somewhere and I'd already received the replacement package from Amazon 2 weeks ago. This morning I had a note on my phone from the Amazon app that the original package would be delivered today, and it was. I wish it could talk because I'm sure the story of its journey would be a fascinating one to hear -- according to the USPS tracking, they're still waiting for the item to be handed off to them...

The max-luscious-best ever...

This is back in 2004. I was shipped a set of Panasonic rapid discharge batteries to refit a 3600va UPS for a set of servers @ university I was working for.

Shipment delayed day...

... after day...

.>

Plus a month and a half.

In my faculty mailbox one day, a letter arrives along with a box. The letter read:

"Dear USPS customer:

We apologize for the inconvenience. However we recovered your shipment from a USPS delivery truck accident and fire. Please contact us if there are any issues with your delivered package."

The box:

At one corner... wet. It stinks of Sulphur. It bleached the carpet in my staff head office. I, being the savvy electrical engineering staff member, swipe my 8" buck over the tape seal. Yep. I got all 16 batteries all right....

All shrunk into flat, molten plaques of plastic. I had to clear the office and call in our local HAZMAT team in bunny suits to containerize and recycle the dregs.

Inconvenience? Feh! 😤🤬

Edit: Can't blame covid-19 for incompetence. USPS has been screwing sh*t up since... well. Yeah. If not UPS, or DHL after that, it was nothing. They got me my "hazardous" shipments in one piece and on time.

Edit to the edit:

FedEx was a close second. But I watched them ship a 1lbs. package from coast, to coast, and back again in circles for two weeks. This overnight envelope saw more mileage than a NYC toilet seat in a subway. Seriously... people. 🙄
I had this one hit me earlier this year. Fortunately, my item wasn't damaged so I eventually received it.
1623361562064.jpg

So far, FedEx is the only one I can consistently count on. USPS hangs onto stuff for weeks, UPS loses track of pretty much everything of mine that they get their hands on. They even managed to "lose" my 30" industrial floor fan (pre-Covid). Their Covid-era performance is proving to be disastrous for their reputation.

I suspect they're storing a lot of it in-transit.

Recently I ordered something to be delivered to family in Northwest Indiana. The item shipped from Gurnee, IL, went to Chicago (makes sense so far) then went *past* the destination to Indianapolis.

But wait, there's more, from there it went to Kokomo, IN. Then to Peru, IN. Then to Gary where it finally got handed off to the local office and was delivered.

Only "logic" involved that I can think of is that the trucks from Chicago to Gary were too full and rather than find somewhere to store the item, they sent it via the scenic route. Nothing to store, and it then helps fill up the intermediate trucks to give them reason to move along.
This makes a lot more sense than, say, USPS renting storage space someplace and storing stuff until it gets around to sorting or delivering it.

Hello everyone! I agree that the pandemic has changed our lives quite a bit. Of course, there are both positive and negative sides. I think the positive side is that I can say that I don't want to go out of the house and meet people. :) But when I stay at home I really like to do online shopping. Here already appears the negative side.
Couriers or delivery companies always disappoint me. Promises are never fulfilled. I'm sorry we all have this problem. Apparently, it wasn't just me who had to deal with incompetent people. But I'm glad I found a company that performs its services at a reasonably high level. I want to know if you've ever used their services postsendungsverfolgung.com ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back