Where's my package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I agree that the pandemic has changed our lives quite a bit. Of course, there are both positive and negative sides. I think the positive side is that I can say that I don't want to go out of the house and meet people. :) But when I stay at home I really like to do online shopping. Here already appears the negative side.
Couriers or delivery companies always disappoint me. Promises are never fulfilled. I'm sorry we all have this problem. Apparently, it wasn't just me who had to deal with incompetent people. But I'm glad I found a company that performs its services at a reasonably high level. I want to know if you've ever used their services?
Wow, I can't believe the second post and you're spamming for DHL?

"Whatever happened to the saying about rain, sleet and dark of night? Nothing.

The architect who designed the Foley Building (across 8th Ave. from the current Madison Square Garden) wrote the slogan.
It runs the length of the building.
It is not the motto of the Post Office.

Worse yet...

I have a brother that witnessed the animals that work in his region literally tossing packages from street side onto his lawn and driveway. *hard*

Carburetor assemblies, agm batteries, various and sensitive VAG engine bits...tossed hilly-nilly like rubbish. How do they know it wasn't a sensitive Movado or Rolex, or worse?

It's bad enough it's delayed... but what if it was a heart wrenching expensive item that was churned like clam bake refuse?

I told him to file a misdelivery and damaged goods claim and return of funds. He's got video on home surveillance cameras and the funniest part is hearing him sarcastically wish the delivery driver a nice day.

It's universal, be it UPS, USPS, Amazon, Door dash ding ding ditch or various other services.

Flipping joke.

I got a USPS package that made it to DC from Tennessee in one day, but been at the DC area distribution center for a week now and no longer has an estimated delivery date.
Also waiting on a Rock Auto order that (at least as of right now) might actually make it to me over the weekend, which would be a very reasonable amount of time (one week total). But since it's FedEx Home Delivery it probably won't.

But since it's FedEx Home Delivery it probably won't.
It actually might. They work deep into the weekend hours and they can surprise you.

I watched the comedy of shipping an Amazon order of AGM, rapid discharge batteries for my APC uninterrupted power supply. They came from an alarm systems group literally 8 hrs away if I jumped in my SS and drove like a theif.

What does USPS do?

It goes to a distributing center, overnight ...

Wait for it! Waaaaaiiiit....

In Los Angeles.

Then it comes to Memphis Tennessee. Where it doesn't move for 2 weeks. o_O ⚠️

Then by surface truck, crawls it way back to Tallahassee. Another two days to just come 80 miles south to yet another distributing center the next city over.

Once there, it takes them another 3 days to process the order and ship it further south to my local post office. It languishes for another 2 days before its on the truck for local delivery.

What did I receive? My order. In a crushed and shredded box. The F2 terminals on the batteries were completely snapped off. One cell on a battery was exposed to air. USPS tape wrapped around it all as if to say, "Let us kiss you widdle puddy ouchie poo's..."

This was 3 years before the covid nonsense. The package was lost for so long because the sorting machines literally pitched the order off the belt onto the floor over and over again until someone had to manually figure it out. The damage was done. Luckily because it was hazardous materials, Amazon re-fulfilled, no questions asked.

They sent it overnight FedEx. The very next day I got my AGM's in one piece before lunch.

No offense to any and all...USPS and their last mile delivery schemes can take a flying leap.

I actually got the part today!
So far quality seems better than the one off eBay. "Ultra-Power" brand Requires me to reuse the OE motor. Will install tomorrow. Took less than a week to arrive.

Not to get off topic but today I was on the Turnpike and I saw an armada of Amazon vans and UPS style trucks on the road in a large pack of vehicles, about 30 of them. Must have left the Amazon distribution center all at the same time.

30+ years using FedEx overnight, ground, express saver and never had any problems. Great service. 👍

USPS took over a month to ship a gift my sister sent me from Washington state, and my wife ordered some more cloth diapers shipping out of Chicago which were supposed to be here Friday but the tracking still says “USPS in possession of the item Chicago,IL” at 2:41pm August 31.

Here in Virginia, the Post Office closed the mail sorting facilities in Charlottesville and Norfolk.

All mail is trucked to Richmond, near the Airport, sorted, then trucked back…

I just got some 2019 Christmas cards I sent out back, yesterday
(September 3, 2021)

A few were undeliverable, and few were mangled.

Mail is taking 4-6 weeks minimum to be delivered…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back