Is your job / career at risk of Artificial Intelligence putting you in the unemployment line ?

I've been a bum for 19.5 years. I doubt AI will ever be needed to fill that role. Maybe for my hobby which I'm pursuing this weekend. But I doubt that too, as there likely wouldn't be many fans willing to pay to witness robots racing.

How old were you when you retired from a regular day job ?

Same age as the last time you asked.

Just trying to get some ideas from you on how to retire early....

I remember you said you were a Toyota technician at one time and then in the furniture business.

I am also a small business owner.

Last edited:

Attachments

• CB0D875A-F877-4D56-BB70-0264C0873F0B.jpeg
    CB0D875A-F877-4D56-BB70-0264C0873F0B.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 14
Financially, you need say 1 programmer (higher paid) with robots (likely 1 person in the robotics company) to replace 10-30 low pay workers to make sense.

So the lesson is: young people should not go into their fathers' industry as low wage worker to work their way up, they should go into these new industry and start out from middle or the top with what they learn in school.

Sorry, neglected to mention $15.00 up from $7.50 which doesn't work for long, simple economics.
I guess it depends what you're doing and where you're located. You're at $13.50 in the state next door so yeah, while there's a $7.25 minimum wage in NH, people with a car that could drive across the border can just make an extra $6.25 an hour. Wait til it goes up to $15 in a couple more years, I think you're just 14 months or so away, should be $14.25 next January 1st and then the next year it hits $15.

Yeah the economics are simple, if you pay more, you have to raise your prices and if you can't raise them, then you go under because the business wasn't viable at higher wages.

Just trying to get some ideas from you on how to retire early....

I remember you said you were a Toyota technician at one time and then in the furniture business.

I am also a small business owner.
I bought up some condo's in North Scottsdale in the tech crash of 99/00
one one was like 164k the other was 178k i think in bank repo in Kierlands.......sold them both in 08 with a bidding war on them....it was crazy. before that i had a prop management company lease them for golf vacations. When the realtor said I had over 20+ offers the first day on market in summer of 2006.....I sold both in the first hour for over 650k
I was making some good money at IBM but 6 months after that... I said "adios" at 49.....never worked again for any another company.
Some days luck smiles on you....that was my once in a lifetime

I bought up some condo's in North Scottsdale in the tech crash of 99/00
one one was like 164k the other was 178k i think in bank repo in Kierlands.......sold them both in 08 with a bidding war on them....it was crazy. before that i had a prop management company lease them for golf vacations. When the realtor said I had over 20+ offers the first day on market in summer of 2006.....I sold both in the first hour for over 650k
I was making some good money at IBM but 6 months after that... I said "adios" at 49.....never worked again for any another company.
Some days luck smiles on you....that was my once in a lifetime
Perfect timing and good on you for not getting too greedy and hold past 08, congrats.

Back