Post office and intelligence.

Is there a maximum I.Q. for working at the USPS? Maybe 60 or less? I realize that govt workers are generally pretty stupid but this was a new one to me.

I ordered a tool from Amazon. It was delivered to the post office near me on 1-27-22. Never made it into my box. Told the dolts at the counter and they can't help.

Had Amazon resend another. Delivered to the post office last Sunday.

I went there M-W-T and Friday. Nothin. Went in to ask them. Lady asked me to wait over at an empty spot for a higher up.

Waited 30 minutes. Now there were 4 people in the line with me being at the front.

The head baboon finally comes out from her cave or wherever she was and proceed
ed to start dealing with the people in the back of the line!

By now I was livid! I told her off and left. I don't normally lose my cool but this low intelligence lady ruined my day.

Rant off!

The post office is a dead end organization that will see it's foot print vastly reduced as the time rolls forward. Anybody who has any intelligence knows this-including the Post Office Workers themselves. Yet-people need to work there until the lights are turned off............what do you expect?

The post office is a dead end organization that will see it's foot print vastly reduced as the time rolls forward. Anybody who has any intelligence knows this-including the Post Office Workers themselves. Yet-people need to work there until the lights are turned off............what do you expect?
I expect them to be able to put a package in a box. I try to not use the post office but sometimes I don't get a choice.

I guess that I've been lucky but my lifetime experience with the Postal Service has been nearly all great. It used to be fairly difficult to get a job with USPS especially other than sort centers. Today it seems that they are begging for help in some areas, like everyone else. At some PO's there are people working the window that have no business dealing with the public. That seems to be the deal almost everywhere.

I guess that I've been lucky but my lifetime experience with the Postal Service has been nearly all great. It used to be fairly difficult to get a job with USPS especially other than sort centers. Today it seems that they are begging for help in some areas, like everyone else. At some PO's there are people working the window that have no business dealing with the public. That seems to be the deal almost everywhere.
One near me has a 1.5 star rating lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220212-140329.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-140329.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Well this is a service and you don't get much quality for the price paid. Almost the same situation in Canada, but a wee bit better people from what I see.

Most of the problems start with the local Postmaster. If he or she is unqualified to hold such a position, then you can expect problems with anyone that works at that location.

I had the local Postmaster hang up on me, the last time that I complained. So I walked to the Post Office to finish the conversation, and he threatened to call the police on me. (Did he think he was that difficult to find? He's really this stupid) The guy has an IQ that is somewhere around room temperature, and is in completely over his head. This past summer, the local newspaper had to do a story with photos, because this guy was too incompetent to get the grass cut, and the shrubs trimmed, and the weeds pulled. Once the story and pictures were published, it was finally taken care of in a few days.

To the OP: Sooo.....How do you think the phrase "going postal" originated? And how & why do you think Fedex, UPS, DHL, etc., exist? I have absolutely NOTHING good to say about them. I have a UPS account.

A few years back I ordered a bed mattress. It was tracked to my local post office so I went in there to pick it up. After a few minutes the person came out and told me they didn’t have it. I showed them my phone tracking and they went back again.

Apparently they looked in the same spot as before and told me again that they didn’t have it. Another guy who was busy in the back came out and looked at my phone. He knew where it was. It was leaning up against the wall since the box was too big to go into a numbered spot.

Apparently anything out of the ordinary throws off people these days. I would bet that your two wrenches are sitting somewhere that is unusual.

My Post Office is nothing but GREAT!!!!! I put wrong checks in bills. I went and told them my mistake. The two ladies looked at each other and said "Well, we shouldn't do this......." It took 20mins to find my envelopes. Went home fixed "my" screw up. Went back with treats and a big Thank You to them. The current Post Master General is just really.........................................................................

I have 3 different post office locations withing a few miles of my residence. The "official" one where my mail comes out of has a postmaster that is a sarcastic dimwit. Some of the letter carriers out of that facility are OK, but most are suspect. At the other 2 post office locations, the postmasters must be really nice as the workers and letter carriers are all very friendly and polite. Hence, I only go to the "official" facility when necessary.

I don't think I've ever had any trouble worth mentioning with the USPS
Same here in Massachusetts but when I lived in the Atlanta area I had nothing but issues with them and UPS. I once had a UPS package that was out for delivery for two weeks, it would get scanned out as out for delivery, then scanned in again as a delivery exception, then back out for delivery. Called several people and nobody had any answers.

Back