PG4612 oil filter $9.99 / 12 pack - Walmart

Darn....

Got my shipping notice. Yup, .10 pounds. Maybe that doesn't mean anything and if it's 12 filters, weight will update when UPS has it in hand. Disappointing.

Also haven't heard back from them yet.
Well, the same weight was reported for 3 cases, and a filter weighs more than 0.10 lbs anyway. What did you write to them?

Well, the same weight was reported for 3 cases, and a filter weighs more than 0.10 lbs anyway. What did you write to them?
I just asked them about the shipping weight and that a case of filters weighs more than that. Figured if they just shipped one, they would respond with that.

Ordering a case. These will work on a Nissan GTR. Good enough for my Hondas

2009-2021NissanGT-R3.8L 6Cyl V Gas
2023-2024NissanGT-R3.8L 6Cyl V Gas

Hm, I should be getting the PG4615 for my infrequently driven Subaru (bypass at 23 psi vs 14-17 psi), but this is the right size... i guess at least other brands list these 6607-style filters for the car.

I just received my 12 PG4612 filters shipped from Premium Guard in Nashville, TN. I have a strong suspicion that these may have been "salvage" from a recent storm or tornado in TN. Some of the filter boxes have cardboard residue on them, like from an outer box that got wet. But I inspected all 12: no rust, no dents and no rattles. All had plastic seals. The date code on mine is 24MHM15 3470. These didn't come in a regular carton of 12. They were packed loose in a shipping box. Packaging could have been better, but for 83 cents each, who can be picky?

Premium Guard PG4612 case.JPG

I just received my 12 PG4612 filters shipped from Premium Guard in Nashville, TN. I have a strong suspicion that these may have been "salvage" from a recent storm or tornado in TN. Some of the filter boxes have cardboard residue on them, like from an outer box that got wet. But I inspected all 12: no rust, no dents and no rattles. All had plastic seals. The date code on mine is 24MHM15 3470. These didn't come in a regular carton of 12. They were packed loose in a shipping box. Packaging could have been better, but for 83 cents each, who can be picky?

View attachment 220607
Interesting, I hope that's not the case. The boxes are a little banged up, but I guess I've seen worse shipping damage in Amazon reviews.

Was initial shipping weight .1 lbs? NEVERMIND. @c502cid confirmed it. Awesome!

This is awesome you guys are geting full cases. Mine is supposed to deliver tomorrow.

So, they are $8.50 a case now.......

I ordered another case.......$8.50 and free shipping. I mean, gosh....71 cents a filter.....
Hah, one case is already too many filters for me. Hopefully they don't degrade much in storage. I drive infrequently, but maybe I'll swap the filter more often without draining the oil.

Last edited:
Hah, one case is already many filters for me. Hopefully they don't degrade much in storage. I drive infrequently, but maybe I'll swap the filter more often without draining the oil.
I'm doing 5K in the Mazda, but will probably buy another Mazda for my son shortly. My family really likes them.

I will have 30 or so of these when both cases arrive. Plus 7 OEM filters, and a handful of others that fit the Mazdas...........shouldn't need to buy anymore for a while.

Edit: My neighbors Honda takes these. May offer up a few oil changes for them (BYOO - Bring Your Own Oil.)

Honestly, how is Premium Guard doing this? $8.49 for 12 and free shipping? Plus, it's a Walmart ad, so I think Walmart gets a cut? No way they're making money.....

Honestly, how is Premium Guard doing this? $8.49 for 12 and free shipping? Plus, it's a Walmart ad, so I think Walmart gets a cut? No way they're making money.....
Walmart ad?

It's most likely an error that hasn't been caught by a highly automated process.

Walmart ad?

It's most likely an error that hasn't been caught by a highly automated process.
Not this time, it's sold and shipped by a third party seller. Walmart just runs the listing for a fee. Premium Guard has run some other great blowout deals on Walmart and Amazon.

Reactions: D60
Back