PG4612 oil filter $9.99 / 12 pack - Walmart

Sacrifice:

Looks good for a 5K filter. A bit sloppy on glue though.

IMG_4438.jpeg
IMG_4441.jpeg
IMG_4448.jpeg
IMG_4450.jpeg
IMG_4447.jpeg
IMG_4442.jpeg
IMG_4436.jpeg
IMG_4437.jpeg
IMG_4443.jpeg
IMG_4451.jpeg

Last edited:
These appear to be the standard M20x 1.5 thread short can filter - 3 inches tall. So it fits a lot of Nissan's and Honda's if you will accept the shorter can.

The typical can for my 2 Nissan's is 3.5 inches tall which I think is the PG4610. Can't find it at Walmart?

Very tempting but I am able to resist based on it being the short can. If you normally run this on anything its a great deal.

Q: "Why'd you choose this for a new car?"

A: "I have cheap oil filters that fit it."

Normal BITOG conversation, actually :D
I have lots of other filters that fit the Acura, Infinitis, Honda and Nissans that I work on. For the shorter oil change intervals that I often do, especially for the older vehicles, these filters at 84 cents each are fine with me. The PG4612 fits all four vehicles in my signature and also a friend's Frontier. Should I sell my '07 Ridgeline and go new, I have other filter options.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: D60
These appear to be the standard M20x 1.5 thread short can filter - 3 inches tall. So it fits a lot of Nissan's and Honda's if you will accept the shorter can.

The typical can for my 2 Nissan's is 3.5 inches tall which I think is the PG4610. Can't find it at Walmart?

Very tempting but I am able to resist based on it being the short can. If you normally run this on anything its a great deal.

Hondas uses the taller filter while most Nissans use the shorter one.
Many quick lubes/jobbers just use the short one on all so no issues. But I have yet to find either a Honda or Nissan where the tall one did not fit.

But for less than a $1 each I ordered 3 cases.

Hondas uses the taller filter while most Nissans use the shorter one.
Many quick lubes/jobbers just use the short one on all so no issues. But I have yet to find either a Honda or Nissan where the tall one did not fit.

But for less than a $1 each I ordered 3 cases.
On the Rogues the taller makes me nervous. It's in the RF wheel well and the longer one seems more vulnerable to road debris.

Also, any of this family of filters tends to be great for many SxSs -- or at least Polaris

On the Rogues the taller makes me nervous. It's in the RF wheel well and the longer one seems more vulnerable to road debris.

Also, any of this family of filters tends to be great for many SxSs -- or at least Polaris
Plenty of room on the rogue, don’t you have a plastic splash shield to protect the filter? Besides the rogue filter placement is horizontally mounted well above the pan. My wife’s sentra there’s a lower coolant hose a longer filter would be resting on. With the correct filter + cup socket + ratchet very tight I just use filter pliers. On the rogue I don’t see fitment issue or road hazard there’s just no benefit in the longer filter but mental gains and I’m definitely not stocking two filters.

Last edited:
  • Wow
If they end up sending 1 filter instead of 12, I wonder if they'll just let people keep em when processing returns.

Weird. I have not gotten a shipment notice. These are sold by Premium Guard, so I figured it would be legit. Oh man, my apologies I turned you all onto this if it doesn't get fulfilled....

I sent a note to the seller on my Walmart account, lets see if they respond.

Weird. I have not gotten a shipment notice. These are sold by Premium Guard, so I figured it would be legit. Oh man, my apologies I turned you all onto this if it doesn't get fulfilled....

No worries if it doesn't. It happens.

Nah, thanks for posting the potential deal. Actually it's better not to tip them off in case they do ship the 12 pack.

Last edited:
Darn....

Got my shipping notice. Yup, .10 pounds. Maybe that doesn't mean anything and if it's 12 filters, weight will update when UPS has it in hand. Disappointing.

Also haven't heard back from them yet.

Back