Paper cone air filter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT:

Just did a search, and I think I found out everything I need
pat.gif

I'm getting a Roush cold air intake for my Ranger (dirt cheap is the main reason that I ordered it). Checking on the Roush website, this kit comes with a K&N cone.

I'm not real excited about running a K&N on my truck, and was wondering if you guys can list the cars/trucks that use paper cone filters. This was I can look online and try to match one up to the size of the K&N cone.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

[ March 06, 2006, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Brian Miller ]

Look into the AEM Dryflow filters. They aren't the oiled cotton-gauze filters like K&N. So far, they look to be really good filters and they are even re-useable.

Just order one that is the same size as the K&N that is included with your kit.

Is that a cone filter? The only two cone/cylindrical filters I've found are the Chevy one and the S2000 one. The Chevy truck one is great if you have a large engine compartment like me, but other cars are more difficult.

-T

Actually, that's a different filter. The one I use is for a 98 Chevy pickup, that one apears to be for a 02+ trailblazer. Good find though, that one might be a bit cheaper. What are the Dimensions?

Another one to look at I just remembered is a 02+ Neon.

Keith, Are you sure? My dad has a 97 Chevy with the 5.7 Vortec. It has a huge cone. I looked it up by that year. Maybe its the same as the trailblazer? Ill get back to you on the dimensions, but it fits the Home Depot ABS pipe perfectly.

Fram's site didn't show pictures so I punched the number into Purolator's. That's what came up.
dunno.gif

Actually the one I used is bigger, but you may have stumbled upon another good size to use.

Smiley.. do you have a pic of your intake setup? I have a Bonneville supercharged and lookin @ setup ideas. ( main goal is to make it look as stock as possible

I dont right now. Ill see what I can do. The factory intake is on my car now because I got the lower intake gasket replaced under warranty. I will be putting the fenderwell intake back on soon. Ill try to take a few shots for ya. It might be a few days. Im a bit under the weather
freak2.gif

The one I'm using is about 6-1/2" in diameter, and 10-1/2" long. It's pretty big, and like I said, probably a tight fit in a lot of engine compartments.

Thanks for the info Keith. The diameter of mine is 6". I dont think I could use one as big as yours. I just dont think it would fit in my fenderwell. Either way, you pointed me in the right direction some time ago. Thanks bro.

-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back