My new favourite thing: k&n air filter spray

Good old K&N air filter spary, I wrote it off years ago and I was wrong.
I'm putting that shuff on everything.
I never bought into the k&n high flow rock catcher school of thought, they're probably fine for boats, maybe.
Having can of spray on air filter oil that I can apply to foam prefilters for small engines and engines equiped with throw away felt rock catchers is very handy.

Have you been applying it? What are the benefits you see?
I have been using it for exactly one weekend so far. The benefits are it has little to no aromatic compounds so what you sprayed on the filter is what you get, I had been using wd40 and it appears a portion of it evaporates over time.
It's colored so I can tell it's going on evenly and if I'm using too much or too little.

I've been using some leftover K&N oil on the foam prefilter for my mower .

I gotta ask, what do you "like" about it?
Well, I have owned the same spray can of it for several years and I just clean the filters with soap and water and spray the filter. It's kind of like saying "what do I like about Mobil 1? To keep it plain and simple it's a product that works. It's the OP who said it was his favorite thing.

I have a cloth fiber air filter that came with a Weber carb kit. The Weber tech (800 help line) told me to spray K&N oil around the air filter fiber. He then told me, if I can't find a K&N sprayer just buy a bottle of mineral oil. He said it's the same thing as K&N just with a red dye to it.

I have a cloth fiber air filter that came with a Weber carb kit. The Weber tech (800 help line) told me to spray K&N oil around the air filter fiber. He then told me, if I can't find a K&N sprayer just buy a bottle of mineral oil. He said it's the same thing as K&N just with a red dye to it.
Yes over spray appears to be a lot like baby oil.

Air compressor filter before and after.
IMG_20231222_140125_8.jpg

K&n air filter oil good.
Actual k&n air filters, junk.
ISO5011-efficiency.jpg

I guess they would be fine on a boat in the middle of a lake.

Last edited:
Back