OW-20's tried them all.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and I have decided to go with the Mobil 1 EP. All have been great oils as I have tried Amsoil ASM, TGMO, MGMO, Mitsubishi and the likes. For the price, you can't argue with $5 a qt Mobil 1 EP. Mazda oil made my engine sound a little rough, ASM did a great job etc. I think it's a matter of hanging up the hobby and choosing the easier, cheaper, and more ready available oil. Call me crazy

How long did you run EP--I thought this was just released? Or are you basing your decision to use it on "choosing the easier, cheaper, and more ready available oil"?

I have 12 jugs of it, but need to complete this run of 0W-20 AFE before I can try it out...

Haven't tried it out but bought some. I have used AFE in the past and the engine liked it. Yes, I am basing this on the cheaper, eaiser , ready available oil. Despite my signature, I have ASM in the sump right now with 2300 miles on it. I'll report back after I put the EP in. I doubt it will be that much different than AFE.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If you hurry, you can fix that typo in the thread title before the Edit button goes away.

HA! You get the drift..

OMG! All the BITOG fan boys will be in an uproar that you're not joining them making themselves crazy driving around the planet searching for the flavor of the month or the "old" PU, an oil they never used and have nothing to compare it to but, "It's the BEST"!

Originally Posted By: asharris7
I think it's a matter of hanging up the hobby and choosing the easier, cheaper, and more ready available oil.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
OMG! All the BITOG fan boys will be in an uproar that you're not joining them making themselves crazy driving around the planet searching for the flavor of the month or the "old" PU, an oil they never used and have nothing to compare it to but, "It's the BEST"!

I resemble that, but only to a point.

The Valvoline in my sig seems to keep the Forester cleaner from what I can see through the oil fill onto the VCT housing and the TC tensioner(s) seem quieter and more free on starts - the downside is more engine racket compared to qsud ON BOTH THE FORESTER AND MORESO ON THE fit. I have a jug of PU5w20 for the spring OCI - don't know if I'm going to install it in the poor, ravaged FIT or the more mildly driven Forester. The Forester is off engine warranty - I may try a 30 grade in there (pp semisyn dexos 1?). Both cars are sticks and get more crank movement and thrust bearing stress than an auto would give them.

I think it's a matter of hanging up the hobby and choosing the easier, cheaper, and more ready available oil. Call me crazy

Just for the sake of argument, the 0W-20 that I have been using IS the easier, cheaper, and more readily-available oil: Mobil 1 0W-20 AFE! It's available pretty much anywhere oil is sold, and at $5/quart at Walmart, it's priced very competitively, especially when you start looking at mail order and dealer-only choices.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I think it's a matter of hanging up the hobby and choosing the easier, cheaper, and more ready available oil. Call me crazy

Just for the sake of argument, the 0W-20 that I have been using IS the easier, cheaper, and more readily-available oil: Mobil 1 0W-20 AFE! It's available pretty much anywhere oil is sold, and at $5/quart at Walmart, it's priced very competitively, especially when you start looking at mail order and dealer-only choices.

IF Sino Mart had it in the 5 quart jugs currently, the EP would be the same price as the AFE.
wink.gif

I am even thinking about using the 0W-20 EP (instead of the Sustina, or TGMO/Mazda labelled 0W-20s) mixed with their 0W-40 for my next/summer OCI.
eek.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back