Maybe all oil isn’t the same?

Sorry brotato chip.

61BNtkqYBjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

P66_1Q_TRI_CHOICE_0W-20_ON_WHITE_GF-6.png

But that's a P66 bottle. :D

according to their latest D1G3, Shell is making some too now:

Product name : ACDelco 5W-30 dexos1 gen3
Product code : 001G2275
Manufacturer or supplier's details Manufacturer/Supplier : Shell Oil Products US PO Box 4427 Houston
So I see what you’re saying, I know that Honeywell and champion labs make their filters. I personally have never seen those P66 bottles like that at a GM store. I have put my hands on thousands of quarts. Could be that service fills are Mobil and they sell the P66 at say Walmart or parts store. My in laws get their oil from dealership and it’s Mobil bottles. I will check parts stores now to see. It’s 100% Mobil at the dealership.

So I see what you’re saying, I know that Honeywell and champion labs make their filters. I personally have never seen those P66 bottles like that at a GM store. I have put my hands on thousands of quarts. Could be that service fills are Mobil and they sell the P66 at say Walmart or parts store. My in laws get their oil from dealership and it’s Mobil bottles. I will check parts stores now to see. It’s 100% Mobil at the dealership.
:)

End plate fuel oil filters are not that “automotive” …
Yeah, that was the point of saying they are probably out of the automotive filter game since that is the only filter that comes up that Honeywell makes today.

Moly takes a while to plate up and work.
Tick goes away, right after change.

I bet it's a slight viscosity change.

All of Mobil 1 oils are usually on the thinner side
Valv is the opposite.

Back