Once Inappropriate...Not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Had my niece visit the other day.
As soon as she walked in the door she spouted off what I pay in taxes for my house. Her husband informed me they researched my house because they liked it.
I am use to this activity although in my day it was inappropriate behavior.

Many years ago I bought my mom a Grandfathers clock for Xmas. She had the whole family over and my nieces husband was looking it up on his cell to see what I paid for it. Informing everyone in front of me.

Again acceptable behavior for the 20-30's crowd. Times have changed and you have to change too.

Although I don't like it and never would act this way.

As soon as she walked in the door she spouted off what I pay in taxes for my house. Her husband informed me they researched my house because they liked it.

Many years ago I bought my mom a Grandfathers clock for Xmas. She had the whole family over and my nieces husband was looking it up on his cell to see what I paid for it. Informing everyone in front of me.

Again acceptable behavior for the 20-30's crowd. Times have changed and you have to change too.

I think couth is definitely lacking in society the older I get.

Spouting everything to a group of people is probably boorish. However, it's easy to look up property valuations in most counties. That keeps everything fair. I was a public official and had my salary posted in the paper every year, back when there were papers. Didn't bother me a bit.

Facebook , Snapchat and Instagram generation that needs to publicly air all their (and other people’s) personal info....

Very sad. :censored:

It sounds like you need to have a man to man with this husband. People only get away with this sort of thing if you allow it.

Financial topics are freely and openly talked about in my generation (I’m in my mid thirties). Those in my generation who do not talk about this kind of stuff end up getting taken advantages of by employers, over pay for insurance, houses, and cars.

My friend with an old school mindset got a 60K raise after finally opening up and talking about his income with his colleagues. His employer didn’t even bat an eye when he brought up the pay difference between he and his colleagues, they just asked “What do we need to pay to retain you?”. They underpaid him significantly for about 9 years before he grew wiser; cost him around half a million in income because he was “staying traditional”. But don’t worry, he was always polite...

Financial topics are freely and openly talked about in my generation (I’m in my mid thirties). Those in my generation who do not talk about this kind of stuff end up getting taken advantages of by employers, over pay for insurance, houses, and cars.

My friend with an old school mindset got a 60K raise after finally opening up and talking about his income with his colleagues. His employer didn’t even bat an eye when he brought up the pay difference between he and his colleagues, they just asked “What do we need to pay to retain you?”. They underpaid him significantly for about 9 years before he grew wiser; cost him around half a million in income because he was “staying traditional”. But don’t worry, he was always polite...
I don't have an issue with that. This is a bit different.

Why do you feel the need to inform me that you are snooping into my business???
That is my beef...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back