New toy: 2020 Mustang GT A10

Yes to be fair.. stock tires, 100% stock takes near perfect cool air and/or a drag mode car. (I will 'tune' in the drag mode and more with hptuners) My car in the summer with nothing done to it would not run 11s. But I'm working on it. So far just the wheels on it but picking up some Black Friday deals - light weight 2-piece Baer brake rotors, lightweight 1-piece Carbon fiber driveshaft. Waiting for the Steeda Black Friday to hit for suspension upgrades. The final weight reduction on the wheels/tires was a bit over 32lbs.

IMG-8082.jpeg

Great car! I have a 17 GT I bought new. Haven’t had a single issue. Car has 20k. Been boosted for the last 5k.

I hope these cars are still around when I’m in the position to buy one.

Enjoy it!

Perfect time in the Northeast winter to get the first round of modifications done. Put on pretty much all the Steeda rear suspension parts that remedy the squishy rubber bushings and add or make easier camber and toe adjustments. The dreaded "wheel hop" under hard street or track launches occur due to the rear suspension moving around and oscillating and leading to predictable drivetrain breakage. That's Baer's lightweight 2-piece brake rotor. That's the Borla S-type cat-back exhaust.

Put in a 3.55 complete rear end from an Ecoboost, replacing my base car's 3.15 rear. Steeda rear end bushings and through bolts to keep it together. Uprated "800hp" driver's side axle for the LH that typically breaks first. Unfortunately that's heavier than stock but is offset by the lighter carbon fiber driveshaft that replaces the weak two-piece factory driveshaft.

That's a new grille that has a clean opening to the Velossa aftermarket duct leading to the airbox.

I plan to end up with a whole lot more performance that what you could get with the new '21 Mach1. The Mach1 is billed as kind of half way to the now defunct GT350 though it's pretty much all in the suspension department, as the Mach1 is only +20hp factory to a regular GT.

IMG-1191.jpg

IMG-1195.jpg

IMG-1190.jpg

Great car.
But after all the money spent on after market parts you could have bought a stock Vette and been set.
But I get it.
My son bought a 2018 Mustang GT stick shift last summer.
He did not want an automatic.
Hes spent a couple grand on after market parts and loves the car and doing the mods.

Is that drive shaft made with high temperature epoxy in a carbon fiber matrix … not all are and it’s close to exhaust

Titanium header tape might be cheap insurance …

The VA dealer had put the front plate bracket on, thus drilled through :( After considering lower aftermarket mount options and/or fixing the holes, I settled on 3M double sided tape of the plate right on the bumper cover, just high enough to cover those stinking holes.

I don't know the manufacturing details off the top, but the carbon fiber driveshaft is a QA1 brand and is recognized as one of the highest quality aftermarket units - it's actually SFI rated. Some aluminum ones are even lighter than this one but there are tons of vibration complaints on pretty much all the aluminum ones. This one has a very consistent good report. Thanks for the caution.

Starting with a no-option GT with $7k off list doesn't cause me to get into Corvette territory price wise. The modifications are part of the fun too. The hard parts and the software- so much to experiment with even after getting the basic hp pickup by optimizing basic air and spark for 93 or E85.. can't be sure there's much there, but for example, you've got the capability of tweaking the variable-valve/cam settings on the exhaust and intake cams individually. Ford will have made emissions or other compromises. It has been done many times but the end engine mod result should be right at 500hp at the wheels on E85. The so called "FBO" full bolt-on. That's getting up toward 550-580hp crank/advertised horsepower. It's fun building a 1.9hp/cubic inch street car !

Last edited:
Great car.
But after all the money spent on after market parts you could have bought a stock Vette and been set.
But I get it.
My son bought a 2018 Mustang GT stick shift last summer.
He did not want an automatic.
Hes spent a couple grand on after market parts and loves the car and doing the mods.
I’m 42k all in so far on my at the time new GT, as well as a supercharger and supporting mods.
I put bus lengths on C7 Vettes.
The Vettes are great cars but their LT1 V8 can’t handle the boost that a coyote can.
Even the C8 LT2 falls way short in terms of durability when boosted compared to a coyote.

I was considering a GT with performance pack 1 , 301A and auto transmission.
These cars are a great deal for not that much money.

LT1 engines have very fragile pistons with boost.

I’m 42k all in so far on my at the time new GT, as well as a supercharger and supporting mods.
I put bus lengths on C7 Vettes.
The Vettes are great cars but their LT1 V8 can’t handle the boost that a coyote can.
Even the C8 LT2 falls way short in terms of durability when boosted compared to a coyote.

Yup I eat Corvette after Corvette for lunch with my Vortech Supercharged Mustang.

Enjoy it! 😎

Yes to be fair.. stock tires, 100% stock takes near perfect cool air and/or a drag mode car. (I will 'tune' in the drag mode and more with hptuners) My car in the summer with nothing done to it would not run 11s. But I'm working on it. So far just the wheels on it but picking up some Black Friday deals - light weight 2-piece Baer brake rotors, lightweight 1-piece Carbon fiber driveshaft. Waiting for the Steeda Black Friday to hit for suspension upgrades. The final weight reduction on the wheels/tires was a bit over 32lbs.

View attachment 34532
Love the wheel / tire setup 👍

Back