2021 Mustang GT

I find the Camaro visibility just fine... Its a bit of a shock when test driving, but within a few minutes or hours you don't notice.

I find it no different than driving the Mazda 3 or Camry I have as well. I have the 2SS package that adds the amazing rear view camera (not just backup) plus blindspot monitors and such. It really is no issue for me, at least, knowing what or who is around me.

Best cockpit of the muscle car bunch, IMO. And engine/handling, too. (Was not biased at all for brand or car test driving and picking the absolute best option). The winner was a very clear choice for what I personally like!

I wanted an SS, but wife liked the Mustang more so Mustang it is.

Camaro is another great car for the money and can run high 11’s with auto trans. Much nicer interior compared to Mustang.

Last edited:
You’d think all the blind spot prone pony cars would have digital rear vision standard …

This is the most oddly specific comparison of two unrelated items I have ever read.
I’m saying small mirrors don’t make things better on a car with limited visibility … I attempted to turn the conversation to digital imaging … got the oblique mirror reply … and another owner mentioned his high end car having it …

I used to race 2016 and later a 2019 Mustang (the latter of which wasn't mine). I can tell you all you need to know.

The first thing is to not get your panties in a wad about the tick. In a few rare instances, someone who heard a tick had an engine failure. Then all of a sudden the internet thinks there's a major issue. By 2021 anything shady about the latest gen 5.0 with dual injection is worked out. Relax.

To be honest, the Camaro 1LE is still a better car overall. Ugly. But it took expensive coilovers and other suspension mods for me to be faster than a stock one at Road Atlanta.

I used to race 2016 and later a 2019 Mustang (the latter of which wasn't mine). I can tell you all you need to know.

The first thing is to not get your panties in a wad about the tick. In a few rare instances, someone who heard a tick had an engine failure. Then all of a sudden the internet thinks there's a major issue. By 2021 anything shady about the latest gen 5.0 with dual injection is worked out. Relax.

To be honest, the Camaro 1LE is still a better car overall. Ugly. But it took expensive coilovers and other suspension mods for me to be faster than a stock one at Road Atlanta.
GM has had ford on suspensions for longer than I've been alive. Ford just doesn't get it. For performance. They are more for average people.

I was searching various other forums and came upon this UOA of the factory fill of a 2020 Mustang GT that was done this February. The oil analysis was done by Blackstone. Is there any off the shelf oils that have a similar additive package....with respect to the molybdenum and boron levels? Most owners state that the engine ticking / noise doesn't usually start until right after the first oil change. Many say there is something in the factory fill that keeps the engine quiet initially. Thoughts!

Attachments

• Oil Lab.pdf
    212.2 KB · Views: 45
The new Mach 1 comes with the Tremec 6 speed from the Shelby GT350. Get the Mach 1 if you want the manual. The 10 speed auto is also stellar.

The ticking is the mechanical high pressure fuel pump mounted on the camshaft. It supplies the direct injection. It’s loud. Different brands of oil are better at quieting it down. I’m currently using Castrol edge which has been one of the smoothest and quietest oils I’ve used.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

The 2018 Coyote (3rd Gen) can also have the "2000 RPM rattle". The 2K RPM rattle is thought to be the high pressure fuel pump, but the BBQ tick (Ford calls it the typewriter tick) has been around since the Coyote came out in 2011, so those aren't ticking from the fuel pump, and nigher are the 2018+ Coyotes. The BBQ tick is not the HP fuel pump on the 3rd Gens.

I was searching various other forums and came upon this UOA of the factory fill of a 2020 Mustang GT that was done this February. The oil analysis was done by Blackstone. Is there any off the shelf oils that have a similar additive package....with respect to the molybdenum and boron levels? Most owners state that the engine ticking / noise doesn't usually start until right after the first oil change. Many say there is something in the factory fill that keeps the engine quiet initially. Thoughts!
IIRC, VOAs on Motorcraft oil shows high Moly too ... so that could be what the factory fill is. Don't know if a UOA can detect any additives (like a Ceratec type product) that Ford might put into the factory fill. You could search the UOA or VOA forums to see if someone posted any Motorcraft oils and compare to the factory UOA.

FWIW I can hear the tick in my 2018 Mustang GT automatic and it doesn't concern me. It def doesn't sound like a rod knock or anything serious. If it weren't for the internet I wouldn't have noticed it.

First world problems. Buy the 50,000 car and if Ford says it’s ok, thank your lucky stars you aren’t living somewhere else with no shoes, and move forward.
Pretty accurate. We're not there yet in the USA but give unregulated capitalism a chance lol.

Are you going to daily drive it? You should hear my WS6 or Caprice with the aftermarket cam/valve springs.

In all honesty I don't think any of them (Mustang, Camaro, Charger) are all that bad.
Certainly fun and can make for a good time. You should drive them all and figure out what you feel best in.
I am GM guy, numbers guy as well and even with some of the complaints about the Camaro, as a pony car/muscle car
whatever you want to call it, the Camaro checks all the boxes correctly.

Last edited:
I just bought a Mercedes ML with the 3.5 DI gas engine. It clicks and ticks and quiets down when it is hot with the 229.5 5-40 oil. I asked 2 indy MB mechanics and they both told me it was the high pressure injectors. I believe them because I had a Mercedes ML diesel and most of the noise from it was the high pressure injectors. Is the Coyote engine DI?

Back