New GM Camry Accord fighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC

Why aren't Toyota/Honda Bankrupt? They were able to "Steal" market share and still stay-afloat without an absolutely needed bailout like your beloved "Domestics" explain that.

Come talk to me when you understand about business.
33.gif

Just to be clear about who understands business and whats going on in the world....You do know Stevie, that Toyota received a loan from the Japanese government aren't you.

Bail out, loan, call it what you will, they needed a little boost from what I recall. But then again I'm just busy making the best of whats left around me. Thanks for your concern.....LOL

It is about money management weather that equates to benefits, sales of product, product quality or inferiority etc.

Business = Money.

Business that post profits have properly managed money.

Guess you were sick that day?
smirk2.gif

If you didn't have biased news in the US that was run secretly by corporate America to spin the truth to control the American public you would know that they didn't "need" the money but barked when the others got hand-outs because fair is fair... If the Big-Guys get money then why shouldn't everyone who employs people get some sort of bailout in that industry. Not fair to give to one auto-maker and not others...
wink.gif
This is how it was reported up here where we have truthful news.

I can't believe we're comparing sandwiches to cars! What complexity is it to make sandwhiches?? There's no tarriffs, no crash safety, nowhere near the gov't regulations and all your workers can be minimum wage unskilled kids. There's no excuse NOT to make a profit. And I'm not even going to discuss the complexity of a car build vs a [censored] sub.

Last edited:
As a corporation with franchises... We don't make sandwiches, we make specification for sandwiches, we market, we plan, we budget, we manage money, we make decisions and steer the ship.

We don't actually make the sandwiches the franchise owners employees do.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Are you saying that GM/Chrysler failed because they couldn't manage the complexities of car assembly?

Also incase you didn't notice, cars cost multiple thousands of dollars, sandwiches don't.

We have very high cost, low margins... Unlike the Auto-Industry. So whats your excuse now?

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I can't believe we're comparing sandwiches to cars! What complexity is it to make sandwhiches?? There's no tarriffs, no crash safety, nowhere near the gov't regulations and all your workers can be minimum wage unskilled kids. There's no excuse NOT to make a profit. And I'm not even going to discuss the complexity of a car build vs a dammn sub.

He doesnt get it...and doesnt want to.

To him they are equal business models and anyone who says otherwise doesnt know business.

It's astounding in it's simplicitic view of how a multi national manufacturer of a highly sophisticated product operates. And offensive because he calls others morons while clearly displaying his own stupidity.

I'm tired, we will never see eye-to-eye so lets agree to disagree so long as you know I'm right.
lol.gif

cheers3.gif

Have a good night... This conversation from my end is over...

As a corporation with franchises... We don't do ANYTHING!

We don't actually make the sandwiches the franchise owners employees do.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

What DO you DO?

I manage the restaurant operational standards, report back to my office, generate reports, support the stores when they have issues and need help, open new stores, transfer ownership when a store sells. Rollout new products through training seminars etc. I'm available for my stores 24/7 by phone & e-mail. I have 2 stores that are open 18 hours a day.

I also as a side project manage our variable cost expenses calculator software which I wrote for the company for use in stores and keep up to date with updates. This is a full time job in itself, but I keep doing it because it gets me good bonuses and it's a form of Job security.
whistle.gif

For those who are interested it tracks all food/paper/labour costs, purchases, usage. It schedules team members, and really takes about 20 hours of work off our owners each week from having to do all the calculation manually like they used to. I'm working on having integration with a scanner to do inventory even quicker and being able to upload the orders to our food supplier directly to speed up ordering time and accuracy each week. I'm up to almost 100,000 lines of code so far, all coded and maintained by ME in Visual Basic.
grin2.gif

Somehow I still find time to post here...
45.gif

What people are trying to say is....If people start liking Turkey sandwiches, then you order some Turkey to sell.

If the people start liking one car or SUV over another. Or if gas prices suddenly spike and peoples spending habits drastically change. Then to restart that ship is infinitely complex and takes time. There are literally hundreds of other differences I could go into, but you are tired now. If you didnt instantly recognize huge differences then you are right. This conversation is over, but not because your tired, its because you can't hang. Your initial point was rediculus and you cant support it so....You get tired.

Good night.

I manage the restaurant operational standards, report back to my office, generate reports, support the stores when they have issues and need help, open new stores, transfer ownership when a store sells. Rollout new products through training seminars etc. I'm available for my stores 24/7 by phone & e-mail. I have 2 stores that are open 18 hours a day.

I also as a side project manage our variable cost expenses calculator software which I wrote for the company and keep up to date with updates. This is a full time job in itself, but I keep doing it because it gets me good bonuses and it's a form of Job security.
whistle.gif

It was a rhetorical question.

Yeah but it has been happening over the last 15-20 years... You mean they didn't see it until now and couldn't fix it? What was to stop them from buying a competitors product and copying it in their own version? Right... GM's known arrogance of you are going to drive what we tell you. That worked really well now didn't it. *COUGH* *COUGH* Pontiac Aztek if you need a blatant example.
smirk2.gif

I can hang as long as you want... But don't care to anymore... I want to read about oil and other things that don't boil my blood. (Not good for the heart or the Anxiety)

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS

I also as a side project manage our variable cost expenses calculator software which I wrote for the company and keep up to date with updates. This is a full time job in itself, but I keep doing it because it gets me good bonuses and it's a form of Job security.
whistle.gif

It was a rhetorical question.
Rhetorical or not you asked a question and I answered it.

Well, two more posts for you.....Yet no comment on the HUGE differences between hawking sandwiches and making and marketing a hugely complex product. No comment on how those who view them as very different kinds of business are idiots who "don't know business".....Yeah good night.

Last edited:
Look - this is crazy. Sandwiches don't have model changes and parts changes and such. You sell the same thing every year. You don't have styling that gets old you don't have multiple suppliers that need blue prints to make your parts. You (or the store owner)just picks up the phone and order your ingredients -ship them to your subcontractor (franchise owners) and people buy the sandwhich. You don't have any of the costs that the franchisee has so YOU SHOULD make money automatically.

Sandwich making doesn't = car making. The basic (and I mean real basic) business idea is there but you have nowhere near the complexity as auto assembly. I mean - do you design sandwhiches and test them? Does it take the money to do it? No.

I'm not attacking you, Stevie. I respect you and I sense you do an excellent job in your role and Quiznos is a really good place to eat. I'm just saying that it's not the same as the auto industry.

Our menu offerings change every 3 months and in the 3 months after the previous rollout there is product testing, product sampling (focus-group testing), Supplier negotiations to take on the product for distribution around the country, cost calculation, menu board printing, coupon printing and distribution setup. These are just to name a few. Come up to Canada's world wide operations office and I will take you on a tour of what is going on. It might shock you to know what goes on behind the scenes before rolling out a new product. It's not easy and it's really not easy when you don't have a R&D budget like McDonalds. You know that McDonalds tries over 10,000 new products a year and only a handful make it to their menus worldwide?

Originally Posted By: PT1
I'd like a Tahoe on white with swiss and mayo...NO peppers...
28.gif

Consumer Reports says that a 4 Runner on rye with mustard is healthier and gives you less gas.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

I'm not attacking you, Stevie. I respect you and I sense you do an excellent job in your role and Quiznos is a really good place to eat. I'm just saying that it's not the same as the auto industry.

Why not? He attacked every person at GM in Detroit when he called them fools and dopes. He attacked me when he said I didn't understand anything about business because I said sandwhiches and Cars were vastly different business models. He spends plenty of time attacking others, why this respect?

I don't use the word dopes, maybe fools... And not everyone just upper management.

You sir need to grow up... Are you going to attack all my threads and post with other now because you have your nickers in a knot?

smirk2.gif
What are you 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back