More than 80% of Amercans can't afford a new car

I think the point that is trying to be made is that there is a staunch difference between purchasing a new vehicle, at over inflated prices due to the market, when you need it and over purchasing all together.

For instance, I have two less than three-year-old vehicles… Both needed to be purchased, but we chose the sensible option vs over purchasing. The minivan and four-door sedan were a necessity but a decked out Tahoe or F150 would have been a personal choice… And unfortunately most people would choose decadence or bravado over sensibility.
I agree, a lot, if not most people buy more than they need when it comes to vehicles. The problem is, the prices of ALL vehicles have gone through the roof, and unfortunately, when people need to buy a vehicle, we have no choice but to pay the inflated prices...

I agree, a lot, if not most people buy more than they need when it comes to vehicles. The problem is, the prices of ALL vehicles have gone through the roof, and unfortunately, when people need to buy a vehicle, we have no choice but to pay the inflated prices...
I don’t disagree. The market is crazy. But whether we’re talking about over inflated food prices, housing prices, vehicle prices, etc. we have to make sure that we’re differentiating between the necessities and choices…

I think we can all agree we know too many people who over purchase then cry poverty… it is more common than not.

It sucks, no question about it. The used market prices are bad as well as new.

It really is nuts. Used car values basically doubled in the last couple years.

I looked up pieces for a used Evo for a track toy....MSRP prices for a 2014 with 130k miles. Nope. My friend sold his in 2019ish for 16k.

Well from what I understand if you change the fluid every 30,000 miles you are good to go.
Tell that to them:

I understand what you are saying zzyzzx however that's only one complaint. Try the A8 automatic transmission on 2015 and newer GM vehicles and you will find so many more complaints it will make your head spin. All vehicles have problems and the CVT on the Honda's is mostly an isolated problem compared to complaints with other vehicles. To make a long story short I would not be afraid of buying a previously owned Honda with a CVT. The A8 in a GM product would scare me much more since they are so problematic and have a class action lawsuit ongoing which will give the abused customer a little back on the dollar.

Reactions: hrv
prices go up, quality goes down has been a trend for a while..
We're paying more and more for more and more plastics...vehicles become more throw-away, and yet prices keep going up...I changed the oil in my daughter's VW Tiguan about a week ago...that thing has a plastic oil pan with a plastic drain plug... :oops: that's getting a little too over doing it with plastics...

Well from what I understand if you change the fluid every 30,000 miles you are good to go.
There is no such thing as a lifetime fluid, of ANY type...I don't care what the automakers claim...I either change them myself, or have all of the fluids changed in my vehicles on a regular basis...

We're paying more and more for more and more plastics...vehicles become more throw-away, and yet prices keep going up...I changed the oil in my daughter's VW Tiguan about a week ago...that thing has a plastic oil pan with a plastic drain plug... :oops: that's getting a little too over doing it with plastics...
Lighter = M.P.G. . :unsure:

Back