Ford Quality Lags Behind Competition

Doesn't surprise me, Ford had recently come out with a lot of new designs.

I don't like being an early adopter / beta-tester so yeah, I'd wait a bit longer to get the bugs worked out of new designs and processes, from any manufacturer.

As consumers / victims (ha-ha, but not really) we should be aware of the fact that we have no voice on what they tend to make except sales. However, we can only select from what they offer.

People should screech and scream for basic cars. The industry will say, "Oh no. People opt for more options, so that's what we build".

They install infotainavigation screens to compete with each other and they do it too fast. I can't imagine anyone going into a dealership and asking for an unproven array of delicate electronics which are incapable of withstanding moisture, heat and vibrations.

These fora are likely the best tool smarter shoppers (ahem) like us have.

In addition to the expensive car show junk we're forced to buy today, they can keep their sunroofs, alloy wheels and dead cow seats.

Don't get me wrong. If you want to spend your moo-lah on a posh car, have at it.

What's irksome is that "they've" decided for us to increase the prices and margins.
Isn't it the case that dealerships run out of the basic models first?

EXAMPLE: A retired teacher asked me to sell her Camry (2006?). It had the 4 cyl., no sunroof, no alloys and cloth seats.
When I reminded a prospective buyer of this, she said, "That's why I'm calling you from 300 miles away".

See, that proves my point (ha-ha)
The problem is since the govt has mandated safety features like blind spot monitoring, back up cameras, etc (which I don't think is a bad thing by the way) it allows manufacturers to assume that we need infotainment and computer-controlled everything for the entire car. The thinking is basically, we already have a screen why not make it a touch screen for the HVAC controls and up the price $10k.

Even if I somehow thought that Nissan CVT's magically became reliable after a certain year the fake shift points would still annoy me.
My CVT doesn't have the shift points unless in sport mode, even then I can shift manually and it overrides the rev limiter. In my daily 'normal' mode it offers seamless/fluid-like acceleration. Actually is quite smooth and I prefer it over most traditional automatics I've driven over decades.

My CVT doesn't have the shift points unless in sport mode, even then I can shift manually and it overrides the rev limiter. In my daily 'normal' mode it offers seamless/fluid-like acceleration. Actually is quite smooth and I prefer it over most traditional automatics I've driven over decades.
So, your CVT isn't in a Nissan?

Back