New GM Camry Accord fighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PT1

Tired of bankrolling Detroits losers...
smirk2.gif

PT, you Sir are a Jerk.

Do you have any points to make or can you even address one valid point thats been addressed to you. Or is it just endless little jabs that prove you take some sort of perverted glee in others misery??

Detroit has plenty of losers, but surprisingly very few of them work at GM. Very few Detroiters work at all, let alone in management at GM. GM is not Detroit and vice versa.

I would rather drive a "Foreign" lemon versus a "Domestic" lemon because at least I know that my bill paying stops with the repairs to the vehicle to make it right and not continue with a second bill as a tax-payer in the form of bailouts for corporate waste, greed, stupidity and a greedy UAW.

My dad has been retired for almost 7 years and since this fiasco took place they have scaled back his benefits by almost 40%, and scaled back his pension from the company. Meanwhile he slugged it out for 20 years for them and was told that this was guaranteed as him retiring and now they take it away? From a senior? While CEO's are getting million in bonuses and payouts to leave the companies? I DON'T THINK SO. Thank god he has done other things with his money and not relied on this pension... What about people less fortunate?
mad.gif

That's an opinion that doesn't involve a lemon story... The lemon stories are just icing on the cake... I think this is how others are feeling about now after what has taken place.

Mark my words, there will never be a vehicle from Chrysler or GM in my driveway ever! Maybe a Ford, but it depends on what they do in the next little while...

Oh, and before you bring up "Banks" I bank with a no-fee virtual bank that doesn't charge me for any services I use, I also don't have my money invested with a bank but with a private institution that gives me much better returns and doesn't fall to 0% return during times like these.

Ok... Off the SoapBox now... Who's next?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
I would rather drive a "Foreign" lemon versus a "Domestic" lemon because at least I know that my bill paying stops with the repairs to the vehicle to make it right and not continue with a second bill as a tax-payer in the form of bailouts for corporate waste, greed, stupidity and a greedy UAW.

That's an opinion that doesn't involve a lemon story... The lemon stories are just icing on the cake... I think this is how others are feeling about now after what has taken place.

Mark my words, there will never be a vehicle from Chrysler or GM in my driveway ever! Maybe a Ford, but it depends on what they do in the next little while...

I see, is there some form I need to fill out to get my Tax money back from the bailout. I mean, I have a foreign car does that qualify me for the refund like you got?

What is this refund program called? Do all foreign car owners get their share of the bail out back, or is it just certain foreign car owners?

BTW....As Ford guy, I shouldn't even care. At least you have a semi open mind in their regard. I'm so proud that Ford walked from that kiss my bum fest in DC. Not so pleased with the mortgage they took on a few years back though. They should be commended for their foresite imo.

Last edited:
Huh? I'm confused... See above... I updated...

You said that your bill with the foreign lemon would end with the car repairs. I was merely trying to point out that your bail out bill is non refundable regardless of what car you buy going forward. Your math was flawed, you got the GM bill regardless. Now the question is what will your share be worth going forward.

By not supporting them in future they won't exist because they have gone under then I will only have to worry about paying 1 bill without a possible Bail-Out coming again for these morons.

No offense, but your father lived off the fattest part of this cow. He is part of the generation that killed this Golden Goose. The problems at GM didnt happen in the last seven years. The burden laid at the foot of the Corporation were earned and thrust on them by the people from the seventies to the nineties. From 2000 on GM has been paying the piper for past mistakes and missteps.

I see people all around me that have worked for the big three for the last thirty years. They have the house up north, the main house, a boat, a couple of trucks and they do nothing but whine about some little co-pay on their endless presecriptions. If those people at those wages didnt have sense enough to save something, then tough luck. GM owes them nothing! How about a refund of some of the extortion wages they stole from the company.

The wages earned by your fathers peers are the reason that today they employ people at $14.00 per hour. Working alongside people doing the same work at $30.00 per hour plus much better benefits than the 14/guy. A new hire at GM cant even afford to buy the cars he is working to build! Thank your father from Him, tell him that guy will work harder and try and keep his co pay as low as possible.

Meh!

By not supporting them in future they won't exist because they have gone under then I will only have to worry about paying 1 bill without a possible Bail-Out coming again for these morons.

No then you'll be paying for the UAW pension bail out fund. Again.

Um, no he didn't he is a certified mechanic and was hired after he sold his service staions & gas bars, as "skilled labour" to do a specific job. In this case Warranty inspection of supposedly "defective" parts. He had to determine if it was or not and whether it was written off or re-stocked. Then he went on to work on the assembly line in Brampton for a short while to check cars that had problems off the assembly lines.

So IMO he earned every penny unlike those who work on an assembly line or package parts to go to dealers. Those are the ones overpaid and not living in the real world with real hard work for real honest wages.
wink.gif

Besides that fact... It's not his fault or any other worker that the company couldn't manage it's numbers properly and chose to cheapen the product in order to make up the difference in cost. (You know this happened)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS

No then you'll be paying for the UAW pension bail out fund. Again.

They will only support a dead horse for so long before even the Government sees it's retarded to keep doing so.

Um...if he was payed by the Corporation, yes he did.

With your developed skill of being able to determine another mans worth. Maybe you can find a home in the new Administration. They like that kind of thinking.

Last edited:
For the record I make as much money as he did at Chrysler, I'm not union, I work hard, I have a good benefits package like he did and our company posted a profit last year which was better than most years.

So it's about money management.
wink.gif

Also the people that work in Canada for Toyota/Honda make pretty good money, but aren't union and have good benefits, and they sell their vehicles for more than "Domestics" and somehow everything works? How does that work?

That's right... These companies (including mine) aren't wasteful with arrogant CEO's robbing the company blind for insane salaries all the while not listening to their customers...
thumbsup2.gif

StevieC - You're complaining of the benefit cuts your Dad is taking yet also complain of the fat cow UAW jobs. Which is it? I mean, I agree the CEOs which caused the mess aren't feeling any pain - but isn't that true in all big business?? I mean look at the bank CEO's or other big businesses - the little guys always pays the bill. I am in GM mgt, most here know that, and I did not cause the mess - those way above did and I despise them for that. I also have issues with the UAW (got 600 of them working for me) but you cannot blame them for bargaining for all they could get -- its GM mgt that AGREED to these crazy deals and cost money. I do blame the UAW for not wanting to give much back when times are tough, however. As a salary worker I've been cut to the bone and see how they won't touch the union [censored] me off every day.

Last edited:
For the record I make as much money as he did at Chrysler, I'm not union, I work hard, I have a good benefits package like he did and our company posted a profit last year which was better than most years.

wink.gif

Also the people that work in Canada for Toyota/Honda make pretty good money, but aren't union and have good benefits, and they sell their vehicles for more than "Domestics" and somehow everything works? How does that work?

That's right... These companies (including mine) aren't wasteful with arrogant CEO's robbing the company blind for insane salaries all the while not listening to their customers...
thumbsup2.gif

LOL....Yeah, it's all about money management.....LOL

I suppose in your world building a submarine sandwhich is as complicated as building a submarine....LOL

Get a clue.

I'm complaining about what they took away from a "Senior" which worked hard and was told it was "Guaranteed" because of his years of loyal service.

Because they are "Stupid" and can't manage their numbers and are paying out greedy bonuses to the higher ups he and other have to suffer?

I make the same good money he did at Chrysler and our company is still around and making good money at that... How does that work?

BTW: I'm not saying you as "GM MANAGEMENT" caused it, but the morons above you did.

Here you and others that work for GM are trying to pick up the pieces and keep the company afloat while the "others" are off with their golden-parachutes to retire or to ruin another company in the name of Corporate Greed. [censored]? Does no one see this going on?

I feel bad for you but I'm not going to support this company which IMO has raped us.

Sorry...

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS

wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif

LOL....Yeah, it's all about money management.....LOL

I suppose in your world building a submarine sandwhich is as complicated as building a submarine....LOL

Get a clue.

FYI, companies all operate on the same premise regardless of what product or service you offer. So you get a clue.

Second of all we don't have corporate stores, they are all franchised, so if we didn't manage our budget properly and manage our owners we would be bankrupt...

Why aren't Toyota/Honda Bankrupt? They were able to "Steal" market share and still stay-afloat without an absolutely needed bailout like your beloved "Domestics" explain that.

Come talk to me when you understand about business.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
StevieC - You're complaining of the benefit cuts your Dad is taking yet also complain of the fat cow UAW jobs. Which is it? I mean, I agree the CEOs which caused the mess aren't feeling any pain - but isn't that true in all big business?? I mean look at the bank CEO's or other big businesses - the little guys always pays the bill. I am in GM mgt, most here know that, and I did not cause the mess - those way above did and I despise them for that. I also have issues with the UAW (got 600 of them working for me) but you cannot blame them for bargaining for all they could get -- its GM mgt that AGREED to these crazy deals and cost money. I do blame the UAW for not wanting to give much back when times are tough, however. As a salary worker I've been cut to the bone and see how they won't touch the union [censored] me off every day.

The CEO's and upper mngmt were coherced and extorted into agreeing to those wages. They knew what they would cost down the road and the burden they were putting on the future of the company. Yet they gave them out, you know why. You have seen it.....Look at the Flint strikes over and over that crippled the company and cost them hundreds of millions. You can blame the UAW because they held the knife. The Auto job has Always been a good job, they made it a GREAT job....And now the new hire cant afford the car he is building. What good did the UAW do? In the last fifty years anyway.

I hate golden parachutes and the general way that the "brains" get let go with huge seveances. Dont get me started on Nasser. He made terrible decision after another and got rich doing it. Then has the gaul to try and buy Jaguar at bargain basement prices....the nerve.

LS2JSTS said:
StevieC said:

wink.gif

Why aren't Toyota/Honda Bankrupt? They were able to "Steal" market share and still stay-afloat without an absolutely needed bailout like your beloved "Domestics" explain that.

Come talk to me when you understand about business.
33.gif

Sorry, you are the one who implied its all Money Management.......Thought that was in fact what you meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back