Mobil 1 Truck & SUV oil formula

Probably same formula, just used getting the chrysler certification as an excuse to change up the label. Currently running this in my 5.7 hemi and it’s completely eliminated the famous hemi start up tick.
Noticed immediately my 5.3 V8 is a lot quieter after I started using it.
I doubt it... it may have "masked" the sound, but oil cannot eliminate a materials, heat treatment, or engineering problem. But, convince yourselves what you like. Confirmation bias is the hardest "data" to disprove...

I just bought 3- 5 quart jugs on Amazon for $14.97 each ! Now I only need 1 more Qt for 2 changes.
Let us know when/if you actually get it. The price is great, but I think the sellers are fake. I have seen that starting on Amazon for a lot of high demand products - calculators for high school at back to school time, etc.

Super low prices from third party sellers on Amazon are likely to not get actually fufilled.

I doubt it... it may have "masked" the sound, but oil cannot eliminate a materials, heat treatment, or engineering problem. But, convince yourselves what you like. Confirmation bias is the hardest "data" to disprove...
I guess its a good thing its not your vehicle or experience and I could absolutely care less what you have to say. Ive owned my vehicle for 3 years and put over 80k in it, im well aware of how it sounds at start up.

I haven't seen M1 Truck & SUV in ages but I got a 5000 mile UOA of the 5w-30 like 15 years ago in a previous truck and it was horrible. Blackstone recommended I not go past 3000 miles with it. Never used it again.

I haven't seen M1 Truck & SUV in ages but I got a 5000 mile UOA of the 5w-30 like 15 years ago in a previous truck and it was horrible. Blackstone recommended I not go past 3000 miles with it. Never used it again.
Different formulation, it was out years ago and then taken off the shelves and brought back again.

Mobil 1 Truck & SUV in 5w-30 grade latest formulation appears to be much different than other Mobil 1 variants: it has a very high flashpoint, 261 degrees C.

I saw a VOA of the recent stuff and it looks identical to M1 Triple 5w30, which Mobil is calling a "cutting edge" formulation. There is a guy on YT that does VOA for various oils. The unfortunate thing is he knows nothing about oil so he is ripping on these SP VOAs not fully understanding the entire picture.

I saw a VOA of the recent stuff and it looks identical to M1 Triple 5w30, which Mobil is calling a "cutting edge" formulation. There is a guy on YT that does VOA for various oils. The unfortunate thing is he knows nothing about oil so he is ripping on these SP VOAs not fully understanding the entire picture.
I watch the same videos and agree, his analysis is misguided. "This is the best oil ever because it has 300 moly, way better than Mobil 1"

Plus the cold flow testing is maybe worse than the PF version.

I watch the same videos and agree, his analysis is misguided. "This is the best oil ever because it has 300 moly, way better than Mobil 1"

Plus the cold flow testing is maybe worse than the PF version.
Exactly lol.

I saw a VOA of the recent stuff and it looks identical to M1 Triple 5w30, which Mobil is calling a "cutting edge" formulation...
Do you have a Link to a VOA for Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5w-30 reflecting the recent reformulation that now meets Dexos 1 gen3? With my (albeit limited) skills, I couldn't find such a VOA using either search on this forum, or Google.

Yea I know of that guy, and what is interesting he always claims Mobil 1 makes engines noisy and its bottom of the barrel and oh its a 3k mile oil (although he seems to now be switching to 5k claims).

I am a QS fan, I been running QS for a very long time however there is still a shortage of it in my area and I wanted to switch to a full synthetic high mileage, well Mobil 1 was in stock and is always readily available so I grabbed it for both my Chevy and Toyota.

Interestingly my Chevy seems to be quieter than before although it is a quiet engine to begin with, and my Toyota is doing slightly better on gas mileage.

If all goes well during this interval of Mobil 1 I will probably run it again and then do a UOA, I prefer to wait until a 2nd run for the UOA because some oil remains in the engine and oil cooler and can skew the results.

Yea I know of that guy, and what is interesting he always claims Mobil 1 makes engines noisy and its bottom of the barrel and oh its a 3k mile oil (although he seems to now be switching to 5k claims)...
OK, found the YouTube videos purporting to show recent Blackstone VOAs for Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5w-30 vs. Mobil 1 EP 5w-30. (Both are marketed as "Triple Action", whatever that means).

The YT poster is an admitted M1 critic. His math is somewhat off in claiming that the add packs are virtually the same: in fact, moly, Ca, Mg, and P are all about 10-15% higher in the T/SUV version. The Blackstone analysis flashpoint for the T/SUV has a value of 410 dF, which equates to 210 degrees C. That's far below the spec sheet value of 261 dC, so either BS, Mobil, or the YT poster has some 'splainin to do. BS has a kV100 value of 9.5 for the T/SUV oil, barely in range and significantly below Mobil spec of 10.00; possibly within Mobil's internal allowable limits but I doubt it.

I wonder if the T/SUV sample submitted was in fact the latest version of the oil.

Last edited:
I'm going to use it a tiny EcoBoost SUV engine that I do light towing with. Keeping sludge and deposits out of the tiny turbocharger bearings has to be a good benefit
So, the 3-cylinder EcoBoost in the Escape/Bronco Sport? Didn't realize they were calling for a 0W20 in those. Thought most of the EB line had gone to 5W30.

I'm more concerned with timing chain wear due to soot than I am the turbo bearings. Technology and materials have progressed to the point that those really aren't a spot of concern these days, for the most part. As long as you keep something decent in there and change at a reasonable interval, those bearings will live a long time. Ohh, and don't hammer on the thing and immediately shut it off.

OK, found the YouTube videos purporting to show recent Blackstone VOAs for Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5w-30 vs. Mobil 1 EP 5w-30. (Both are marketed as "Triple Action", whatever that means).

The YT poster is an admitted M1 critic. His math is somewhat off in claiming that the add packs are virtually the same: in fact, moly, Ca, Mg, and P are all about 10-15% higher in the T/SUV version. The Blackstone analysis flashpoint for the T/SUV has a value of 410 dF, which equates to 210 degrees C. That's far below the spec sheet value of 261 dC, so either BS, Mobil, or the YT poster has some 'splainin to do. BS has a kV100 value of 9.5 for the T/SUV oil, barely in range and significantly below Mobil spec of 10.00; possibly within Mobil's internal allowable limits but I doubt it.

I wonder if the T/SUV sample submitted was in fact the latest version of the oil.

Well I doubt Mobil is lying, BS has had to do some re-tests recently that I have seen posted here specifically related to flash point/fuel dilution if I remember correctly.

As for the youtuber, well you come up with your own conclusion.

Here’s a copy of his Mobil 1 Truck & SUV VOA
E4A1C9B5-2B0D-4502-9147-C65CDBC7228F.jpeg

Back