Mobil 1 Truck & SUV oil formula

Did Mobil 1 change their formula of their Mobil 1 Truck and SUV oil?
Do I have old stock? Or an old formula?
Just picked this up at a local O'Reilly's.
The jug makes no mention of the extra detergents in the oil. I've read that the T&S oil contains 10% of cleaners and detergents to help minimize oil deposits.

Attacked are 2 pictures. The jug I bought and the jug from Walmart stock.

I thought this oil was a pure marketing gimmick. I've read some things on here in other threads and it actually seems like it has legitimate benefits.
I'm going to use it a tiny EcoBoost SUV engine that I do light towing with. Keeping sludge and deposits out of the tiny turbocharger bearings has to be a good benefit

Attachments

• 20220413_141822.jpg
    20220413_141822.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 8c47299f-5c41-4415-8e4f-e5e445ba0fbd.bdb6196eb0a73912b5157be1f6916c94.jpeg
    8c47299f-5c41-4415-8e4f-e5e445ba0fbd.bdb6196eb0a73912b5157be1f6916c94.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 299
You have a slightly older bottle; the Walmart stock photo is of a brand new jug that'll flow into circulation as older stock is cleared out of warehouses and distributors. It may be slightly revised to meet Dexos 1 Gen3, it may be they just changed the label and made the marketing wank more prominent, Special oil for gasoline powered Trucks and SUV has always been a marketing gimmick, use any quality synthetic and the results will be the same.

OP, what is the source that you read? I would ask Mobil. They are really great at answering questions, unless you request proprietary information.

Probably same formula, just used getting the chrysler certification as an excuse to change up the label. Currently running this in my 5.7 hemi and it’s completely eliminated the famous hemi start up tick.

In general though, "bigger oil molecules" mean a longer chain length and an increase in viscosity. So within the same grade? Not likely.

My thoughts was if the T&S oil has 10% more detergents to reduce deposits or eliminate they from ever occuring then this oil is basically high mileage oil without the additives that soften and condition engine seals.

My thoughts was if the T&S oil has 10% more detergents to reduce deposits or eliminate they from ever occuring then this oil is basically high mileage oil without the additives that soften and condition engine seals.
All oils have seal "conditioning" additives and if they are API licensed then they fall within the seal swelling limits permitted by the license. ACEA sequences and manufacturer approvals also have limits.

There could be an extra shot of “this or that” to give it a slightly different formulation best suited for a truck or suv. Why does everything on here have to be challenged?

Back