Alternative to Shell Rotella Gas Truck

I'm new to the forum... not really sure how to introduce myself... so... Hey. How's it goin'?

I'm down to my last jug of Rotella Gas Truck 5W30 and need to change the oil in my F150 soon. It has an iron block 4.6L. Under 25K miles on it. I broke it in on Valvoline conventional 5W30, then switched to Rotella Gas Truck 5W30. Using NAPA Gold 1372 filters. Oil gets changed every 4000 - 5000 miles (whenever I get time).

I went to go order a couple more gallons of that Rotella oil and cannot find it in stock for less that $50(ish) dollars/5qt jug. I'm trying to decide on an alternative. At the moment, I'm considering Mobil 1 and Valvoline, but I see that they both offer a variety of full synthetic oils. I have no plans on getting rid of the truck and want the motor to last as long as it can... it was PITA to put that engine in.

What oil would y'all recommend?

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

Rotella T6 5w30, which Napa carries, is a good choice. But really, any synthetic 5w30 will be fine for your 5k OCI :)

Too bad you didn't swap in Godzilla ;)

I'm new to the forum... not really sure how to introduce myself... so... Hey. How's it goin'?

I'm down to my last jug of Rotella Gas Truck 5W30 and need to change the oil in my F150 soon. It has an iron block 4.6L. Under 25K miles on it. I broke it in on Valvoline conventional 5W30, then switched to Rotella Gas Truck 5W30. Using NAPA Gold 1372 filters. Oil gets changed every 4000 - 5000 miles (whenever I get time).

I went to go order a couple more gallons of that Rotella oil and cannot find it in stock for less that $50(ish) dollars/5qt jug. I'm trying to decide on an alternative. At the moment, I'm considering Mobil 1 and Valvoline, but I see that they both offer a variety of full synthetic oils. I have no plans on getting rid of the truck and want the motor to last as long as it can... it was PITA to put that engine in.

What oil would y'all recommend?
Where are you finding the Rotella gas and truck for $50ish?? It has been discontinued for several years now

Where are you finding the Rotella gas and truck for $50ish?? It has been discontinued for several years now
I'll see if I can find the link for ya. I didn't save it 'cause I'm not spending $50 (might've been $60) for oil that I WAS paying $25 per jug for a few years ago.

If I find that link, I'll be sure to post it on here.

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

Rotella T6 5w30, which Napa carries, is a good choice. But really, any synthetic 5w30 will be fine for your 5k OCI :)

Too bad you didn't swap in Godzilla ;)
With how tight of a squeeze it was to put that 4.6L in, I couldn't imagine how big of a job fitting a 7.3 in there would be. If I ever decide to pull the trigger on aftermarket cams, I'm either pulling the front clip off, cutting out the core support, and pulling the engine back out, or I'm lifting the cab off.

Mobil 1 makes Mobil 1 Truck and SUV if that floats your boat. Really any of the above work well at that OCI.

5K OCI - whatever you can find for cheap.

I am really liking all the 5w-40 euro I got at walmart for $1.80 a quart.

I'll probably participate in the Mobil1 rebate again when it comes up in a few months. $10 back per jug of M1 EP.

If I ever have to pay full retail again, probably will go QSFS is still $21.50 at Walmart online.

I still have quite a bit of RGT left which is what I've been running in my 5.3 but was using PP before. I haven't decided yet but may start using it in my Civic's just to use it up. I'll either go back to the PP or even the QS which as stated is very comparable to the RGT. My dad has a 2006 F150 w/ 4.6 and it gets the regular Mobil 1 5w20.

I still have quite a bit of RGT left which is what I've been running in my 5.3 but was using PP before. I haven't decided yet but may start using it in my Civic's just to use it up. I'll either go back to the PP or even the QS which as stated is very comparable to the RGT. My dad has a 2006 F150 w/ 4.6 and it gets the regular Mobil 1 5w20.
On my last jug and it’s SN+ …

I also used RGT when it was cheap. Price went up and I’ve been using Kirkland ever since.

With how tight of a squeeze it was to put that 4.6L in, I couldn't imagine how big of a job fitting a 7.3 in there would be. If I ever decide to pull the trigger on aftermarket cams, I'm either pulling the front clip off, cutting out the core support, and pulling the engine back out, or I'm lifting the cab off.
I cut my core support and welded on squares so it bolts back together. I have a 98 F150, built 5.4 with a whipple 2.9 blower on it, those mod motors don't come out of the 10th gen trucks very easy, the core support cut is the way to do it for sure.

Quaker State Full Synthetic is basically what Rotella Gas Truck used to be, but with some upgrades, as time went on.

Back