Lifetime Engine Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was coming home last night after a little road trip and heard a commercial for a Chevy dealer in Worchester, MA. They were advertising the new Chevy Aveo and at the end of the commercial, they mentioned that all new Chevys have their lifetime engine warranty. Thats pretty bold statement. Has anyone heard of this before? Is Chevy doing this or could it just be the dealer? I would think that a dealer couldn't warranty anything without GM's blessing.

Lifetime of the engine, probably.
wink.gif
There's probably lots of fine print, and you probably have to take it to their dealership and pay a ridiculous amount of money for service at every interval....

The dealer can warranty anything they want, but GM doesn't have to reimburse them for their costs if the repairs don't fall under the standard terms. I can't imagine old Generous Motors
wink.gif
forking over for such a warranty. It's probably a dealer special and probably has some very strict terms, like "you must visit the dealer on time for all required services as specified below...".

I bet that "engine warranty" only covers "lubricated parts" not sensors, fuel injectors, gaskets, etc...
crushedcar.gif

Death to most engines is a result of cooling system failure, not oil related failure. I doubt that cooling system failure would be covered.

Thats what I thought - the dealer is spewing this "warranty" to get customers in the door and then lock them into service at the dealership.

Wishful thinking!

I just saw a Kia commercial that said "free lifetime oil and filter changes". It probably only applies to the original owner but that's still a pretty sweet deal.

It's interesting that the Aveo seems to use the same Kia designed MI-TEC 1.6 and automatic transmission used in the Rio that has a factory free 10 year /100k drivetrain warranty .

The Aveo has 3/36 if not mistaken .

Despite the crappy warranty, I like the style of that car. The price is right too! I haven't driven one yet, but I think I might rent one some weekend to try it out.

My girlfriend says I'd look like Magilla Gorilla in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back