Infiniti Q50 (VR30DDTT) | can't make up my mind on oil...

lots of choices depending on $$$. i like + use 10-30 fake synthetics as less VII to go from a 10W base oil to a 30W then at 100C operating temps but even thinner where the oil gets hotter. my loose 201 TT 225 Q 300 hp with its small 4.25 qt sump gets Redline 15-50 in the summer makeup oil but at change time its 1/2 red 15-40 + thats in Pa weather + rarely driven in winter. going to 15W oils increased my vacuum on my installed gauge + lowered my mild consumption! IMO those in hotter climated have NO need for thinner O W or even 5W oils!!

lots of choices depending on $$$. i like + use 10-30 fake synthetics as less VII to go from a 10W base oil to a 30W then at 100C operating temps but even thinner where the oil gets hotter. my loose 201 TT 225 Q 300 hp with its small 4.25 qt sump gets Redline 15-50 in the summer makeup oil but at change time its 1/2 red 15-40 + thats in Pa weather + rarely driven in winter. going to 15W oils increased my vacuum on my installed gauge + lowered my mild consumption! IMO those in hotter climated have NO need for thinner O W or even 5W oils!!
Dude, the base oil isn't 10W, this has been explained to you many, MANY times. The Winter grade and the hot grade are separate systems. You can have a 5W-30 monograde, if we used your logic, the oil is both a 5W and a 30W (the latter, of course which doesn't exist, there is no 30W, just SAE 30, note the lack of the W because it isn't a Winter grade).

Back