Help choosing 1 oil for the family fleet

WalMart Supertech unless social pressure from your neighbors prods you to go with Costco Kirkland. Based on your nice fleet I can speculate this could be a possibility. If you're a rebate person then maybe one of the name brands, no wrong answers there.

Kia has low oil standards but they’re also not known for being reliable with a history of oil consumption issues
Is there any credible evidence that higher spec oils have improved the H/K engine problems? I know a couple folks with Hyundai/Kias that would be well served if this info was available.

Kia has low oil standards but they’re also not known for being reliable with a history of oil consumption issues
Your Kia asks for ACEA C5, which by most standards, is a higher standard than oils from 10 years ago, but poor machine work doesnt help that situation.

Is there any credible evidence that higher spec oils have improved the H/K engine problems? I know a couple folks with Hyundai/Kias that would be well served if this info was available.
I haven’t come across anything with how to prevent failure other try to keep regular oil changes

I'd agree with others. No issue running the same oil.

- M1 ESP 5W-30
- Valvoline Synpower XL-III C3 5W-30

If you prefer Valvoline keep using it. OTAH M1 ESP appears to have superior base oils
and probably better ad pack too. Lower Noack loss and higher flashpoint for example.

Kirkland 5w30
First time poster..

Looking for opinions on consolidating our vehicles down to one oil. This is what I am currently using.

2016 Toyota Sienna - 3.5L V6 (0w20 Valvoline Synthetic EP MaxLife)
2017 Jeep Wrangler - 3.6L V6 (5w30 Valvoline Synthetic)
2019 Ram 1500 - 5.7L V8 (0w40 Mobil 1)
2023 Kia Telluride - 3.8L V6 (5w30 Valvoline Euro XL-III)

Sienna is the kid hauler (5k mi OCI)
Jeep rarely gets driven (once a year OCI)
Ram tows 8k lbs regularly (3k mi OCI)
Telluride is the only one with DI (5k mi OCI)

Thanks in advance.
In my family, we have 4 Honda Odyssey's (all speced for 20 weight oils).

I just use 1 single oil for all of them: SuperTech Full Synthetic High Mileage 5W-30 @ 5K/6month (whichever comes first) OCI.

In my family, we have 4 Honda Odyssey's (all speced for 20 weight oils).

I just use 1 single oil for all of them: SuperTech Full Synthetic High Mileage 5W-30 @ 5K/6month (whichever comes first) OCI.
Combining the four of those, you'd no doubt be able to blow way past a million miles using that oil and maintenance schedule... Assuming you kept up on the transmissions, too.

Combining the four of those, you'd no doubt be able to blow way past a million miles using that oil and maintenance schedule... Assuming you kept up on the transmissions, too.
Yeah. I used to over maintain them, doing transmission fluid drain/fills every 15k miles.
I've recently changed that interval to every 30k miles. Just trying to do very low cost adequate maintenance.

We're driving each of them 20k miles a year for various long daily commutes by family members, so in 5 years from now all of them will be
well over 200k miles.

pennzoil euro LX 0w30 or Mobil 1 ESP 0w30.

I recently switched my fleet over to the 0w30 Euro Oil. 2019 wrangler 3.6, 2018 Durango RT with 5.7 and an 02 Silverado 5.3

Back