i am new to this forum - and was wondering about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering why no posts on cam2 and wolfshead oil... they still are good oil arent they??? they're API certified, i would like to here all negatives and positives from members. reply with c2 for cam2 and wh for wolfshead.

i have used both and had great service with both c2 and wh.
*wh conventials texture seems more slick and clear in color over c2 which was a synthetic blend.

goodmorning all...

Wolfshead and cam2 are not readily available to everyone is the short answer. I can buy Wolfshead but it is over priced at convenience stores and not available anywhere else.

sdibigs,
Let me be the first to offer you a kind WELCOME!
I personaly don't have any succuss with the search function but you may want to give it a try if you haven't already.
IIRC, there is some mention of both oils somewhere in the past.

You also mentioned that you have used both oils and had great service. Do you have any Used Oil Analysis(UOA's) to support your feeling about the oils? Color and texture really mean little. Im sure both oils are fine but, without a UOA, how an oil appears to our sences is more marketing than quality.

Other will chime in with more solid information and advise/suggestions. Read on and happy motoring.

CB

well umm no i dont have any test data on used oil i never even ran one and wouldnt know where to start ... could i find them next to the home self pregnancy tests lol jk. anyway i lease my vehicles and i just like the feel of doing my own oil changes priming the filter gasket you know like when you were a kid hehe. my point the vehicles ran great with no issues, possibly with those tests you mentioned you could see further and perhaps stop using them if the tests show signs of early issues.

Yes, you hit the nail on the head. Many people have found issues through UOA's such as intake manifold leaks, early head gasket failures, high ware particles, if your air filter(yes, air filter) needs replacement etc. Scan through the UOA section to see/learn more about the different ware particles and to also learn about the addative packages that are in our motor oils that make it so great(or not!). I have learned much here at BITOG, you will too! Such as which oils show the best/lowest ware, which oils/filters are great for the money and which oils are too expencive for their addative package or build quality. You will also learn how to obtain a free oil sampling kit and a lab that will run the testing(for a fee of course!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back