EcoGard S195 Synthetic, Differences!

Yes, should be fine. PG and off-shoots have started a new trend with the silicone base gasket. Some other brands are coated, but the PG and their off-shoot filters are actual silicone rubber.
My pg from 9 years ago had that special gasket like shown by @Oldswagon
His picture below

1000002447.jpg

Only other filter line I've seen a silicone base gasket on is the Ford Racing Performance filters. Blue instead of red.

Did you hear about those "high efficiency" Boss filters? :D

Burn test after use of course unless he sacrifices one. I'll bet 100 OG Ultras that it's plain nitrile rubber.

Once I learned I had stumbled into a highly coveted OG EcoGard, sacrificing it was off the table.

I see no reason to think it’s anything but nitrile anyway.

As @fantastic noted, IPC was acquired by PremiumGuard. I used to buy 6 packs of PremiumGuard off Amazon, then started buying MicroGard Select as needed from my local O'Reilly's. I recently switched to Pentius UFXL after stumbling across a post here for cheap cases off Amazon. They are made in South Korea, & look just as nice as the PremiumGuard Extended Life inside & out. Thick textured can, silicone gasket & ADBV, coil spring bypass, big center core holes, bottoms come with the plastic shrink wrap to keep dust out, plus the box & their website state 99% efficiency @ 20 microns for 10k miles. Which I'll take with a grain of salt, but the filters look beautiful. I bought 2 cases/sizes for under $60 each. 12 filters/ case. I'm good for a few years. Here's a link for the 3600 size that should fit your Mustang @KCJeep for $55 if you were interested.

As @fantastic noted, IPC was acquired by PremiumGuard. I used to buy 6 packs of PremiumGuard off Amazon, then started buying MicroGard Select as needed from my local O'Reilly's. I recently switched to Pentius UFXL after stumbling across a post here for cheap cases off Amazon. They are made in South Korea, & look just as nice as the PremiumGuard Extended Life inside & out. Thick textured can, silicone gasket & ADBV, coil spring bypass, big center core holes, bottoms come with the plastic shrink wrap to keep dust out, plus the box & their website state 99% efficiency @ 20 microns for 10k miles. Which I'll take with a grain of salt, but the filters look beautiful. I bought 2 cases/sizes for under $60 each. 12 filters/ case. I'm good for a few years. Here's a link for the 3600 size that should fit your Mustang @KCJeep for $55 if you were interested.

Pretty sure some Pentius and Premium Guards are coming from the same plant they are dead ringers for each other.

This filter just got spun onto my John Deere lawn tractor. It was time for its annual change and I wanted to get that frothy, foamy, brew of the devil Rotella out of there anyway. It was wearing an OG Ultra that I had intended to leave, but it was full of Rotella too. 👎. Glad I took it off the thing was rusty. Fram strikes again!😡

I like these PG 195 sizes. They are oversized for a 3614 but only by 2/3 of an inch. Just enough to get that last 4 ounces in the Mustang for an even six quarts. Also double the size of the mower filter but still plenty of clearance. Best of all, they’re GREEN! 😍😍😍. Eat your heart out @Zee09 !

IMG_0728.jpeg
IMG_0730.jpeg

This filter just got spun onto my John Deere lawn tractor. It was time for its annual change and I wanted to get that frothy, foamy, brew of the devil Rotella out of there anyway. It was wearing an OG Ultra that I had intended to leave, but it was full of Rotella too. 👎. Glad I took it off the thing was rusty. Fram strikes again!😡

I like these PG 195 sizes. They are oversized for a 3614 but only by 2/3 of an inch. Just enough to get that last 4 ounces in the Mustang for an even six quarts. Also double the size of the mower filter but still plenty of clearance. Best of all, they’re GREEN! 😍😍😍. Eat your heart out @Zee09 !

View attachment 211196View attachment 211197
From page 142 of ZeeOSix book...
Exterior rust is of no concern until it eats its way to the wavy pleats.

View attachment 211196View attachment 211197
Before @53' Stude asks...what oil went back in 😆

Is KC using that in the salt mines or something, lol. Let's see the rusty filter.

I haven’t read it yet, every time I try to buy one they are sold out. Something about a high roller in MD locking up the market? 🤷‍♂️

Before @53' Stude asks...what oil went back in 😆

I got that nasty Rotella out of there and filled her up with Formula Shell 10w40. I sure showed them! 😂

I had 6 quarts of the Shell in the garage that I picked up cheap at Menards about 18 months ago. It was intended for my daughter in law’s oil guzzling Saturn, but she has since flipped out and run off so….. I put it to use. It’ll make one season fine. Most people don’t know that budget Formula Shell is SOPUS favorite place to dump surplus GTL. 🤐
IMG_0731.jpeg

I got that nasty Rotella out of there and filled her up with Formula Shell 10w40. I sure showed them! 😂

I had 6 quarts of the Shell in the garage that I picked up cheap at Menards about 18 months ago. It was intended for my daughter in law’s oil guzzling Saturn, but she has since flipped out and run off so….. I put it to use. It’ll make one season fine. Most people don’t know that budget Formula Shell is SOPUS favorite place to dump surplus GTL. 🤐View attachment 211247

I still have over 65 quarts of 5w and 10w30 thanks to sales of this excellent oil.

Back