AC Filter Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at Advance Auto tonight and noticed the AC oil filters are different. They now have AC Delco written in ink on the outside of the case. On the PF46, the base plate has 7 holes vice 6 on the old version. The inner tube has more and smaller holes that are evenly distrubuted. The ADBV looks more glossy than the old version, but still black.

An educated guess is this one may flow better just from the holes in the baseplate and inner tube. I wonder if the ADBV is silicone now?

Does anyone have the scoop on these filters?

I also looked at the AC Delco filters today at Advance Auto. I looked inside and on the base plate the glue was all over the place, opened up another one and the glue was thick but was where it was supposed to be. The ADBV was orange. I tried to see any markings as to who made the filter but saw nothing other than a D8 written on the blue side and a 48 stamped into to top. I also saw a new Valvoline filter display and on the box stated "Made by Purolator".

Quote:
I wonder if the (AC Delco) ADBV is silicone now?

Yes!... at least in connection with the five different vehicles in my household.... one of which has no ADBV (PF-61). What you need to inspect is the filter box. You want the ACs that are made in the USA.... not made in Meh-he-co!!!!!

[ May 01, 2005, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Triple_Se7en ]

Last time I stopped at Advanced they were all US made Champions, the small group of mexican filters were long gone.

-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back