EcoGard S195 Synthetic, Differences!

TruTrans is now about $10 and Amazon is nearly $12...I think $11.64...
Yikes...
Now if I shop hard I can get a RP for $12...
MicroGard Select at O'Reilly for $9.99 ... and you can look at it before you buy it. :)

I'm not aware of any wire backed Premium Guard made filters. It is a synthetic blend media, I don't recall ever seeing one posted with any issues.

I paid $6.37 each for these delivered, pretty good deal.
I was just asking, I am a Wired Guy when it comes to Oil Filters, the Media or the cost is not a concern for me. I have my stash of Wired Oil Filters, 4 awhile.

Premium Guard bought IPC Global to expand their production capabilities & bring Ecogard products under their brands to reduce competition. Green paint matches the "Eco" in Ecogard b/c of course us oil heads are "Eco" conscious :LOL:. Seems to match PG's 10k mileage claim except this one doesn't have a silicon ADBV. Good examination of this cut you've done here.

Premium Guard bought IPC Global to expand their production capabilities & bring Ecogard products under their brands to reduce competition. Green paint matches the "Eco" in Ecogard b/c of course us oil heads are "Eco" conscious :LOL:. Seems to match PG's 10k mileage claim except this one doesn't have a silicon ADBV. Good examination of this cut you've done here.
Well PG got it going with a very good media formulation that wont wave or tear in 10k runs while offering some of the best micron rating for a synthetic blend in the market.

Meanwhile Rock+Catcher inc is zombifing good old brand names and private labels to being a former shadow of itself.

Just imagine if PG starts making real synthetic filters for automotive. Fram probably be in trouble loosing some shelf space. Superior Asian engineering is peaking soon.

Well PG got it going with a very good media formulation that wont wave or tear in 10k runs while offering some of the best micron rating for a synthetic blend in the market.

Meanwhile Rock+Catcher inc is zombifing good old brand names and private labels to being a former shadow of itself.

Just imagine if PG starts making real synthetic filters for automotive. Fram probably be in trouble loosing some shelf space. Superior Asian engineering is peaking soon.
Yes, PG is doing well & we are seeing their rise to fame here on BITOG. M+H does make very efficient filters. You do know that right?

Yeah, I meant the Oring not the adbv. PG's 10k's come with Silicon Oring.
Some Ecogards have the silicone base gasket - see Zee09's thread. Earlier in this thread, it was suggested this one is an "OG" Ecogard (lol) when nitrile was used for the base gasket. This one has a 11/24/2022 date code, so could be the case.

Some Ecogards have the silicone base gasket - see Z09's thread. Earlier in this thread, it was suggested this one is an "OG" Ecogard (lol) when nitrile was used for the base gasket. This one has a 11/24/2022 date code, so could be the case.
I got two different batches of Ecos and all had silicone base gaskets..boxes exactly like KCs but my filters were black. As you know nothing wrong with the nitrile for the base.
But do we know if it is nitrile or just black silicone? I assume nitrile but maybe KC can put a call in or I can.
That's another point.
I deal with people daily that think a different colors mean different materials.
So if I made oil filters all silicone gaskets would always be red or orange and straight gloss so I don't get the phone calls..

But do we know if it is nitrile or just black silicone? I assume nitrile but maybe KC can put a call in or I can.
Burn test after use of course unless he sacrifices one. I'll bet 100 OG Ultras that it's plain nitrile rubber.

Do a burn test on your Ecogard silicone base gasket and look for pretty white smoke and white ash. 🔥

As you know nothing wrong with the nitrile for the base.
Yes, should be fine. PG and off-shoots have started a new trend with the silicone base gasket. Some other brands are coated, but the PG and their off-shoot filters are actual silicone rubber.

Back