How did you meet your wife/husband/partner/significant other?

Dang reading all these stories is awesome. But I’m worried I’ll never find someone at least not while I’m young. I want to find someone and hurry up and start a family. I want to meet them now so I can spend time with them. Plus I’m very needy right now. This is an important time for me to have someone. I guess whenever I meet someone I’ll post how here lol.

Dang reading all these stories is awesome. But I’m worried I’ll never find someone at least not while I’m young. I want to find someone and hurry up and start a family. I want to meet them now so I can spend time with them. Plus I’m very needy right now. This is an important time for me to have someone. I guess whenever I meet someone I’ll post how here lol.
Might need to cut back on how many cars you maintain, to make some time to find her! Oh yeah. Might be a good idea to find one who is smitten by automobiles! There are lots of young ladies out and about who like cars and even some who get into going to drags and NASCAR racing who even like going for FAST rides in automobiles! Mine did when we first got together. Many a Sunday afternoon we spent out under a tree near a lake front road with a small charcoal grill cooking with some music playing as we waxed one of our cars.

Who would want to "raise a family" in these times.
And even back in the day...If I had not had kids, with both of us working I would me a multi multi millionaire with a home in Wyoming

Who would want to "raise a family" in these times.
And even back in the day...If I had not had kids, with both of us working I would me a multi multi millionaire with a home in Wyoming
I don’t want to be alone when I’m old lol. Plus I like kids. I hope to have at least 4 but I’ll settle for 2 or 3. I want to have people to do stuff with and that I can teach. Plus I believe that’s our duty as humans to have kids. It seems there would be a large blank space in my life if I don’t end up having any. Of course I have to find someone first but I hopefully will one day. I agree they are expensive but they are joy. Yes the times aren’t great to raise a family in but I think it can be done. And hopefully they would share my hobbies too. In that case they would be just as spendy as me too haha.

Little update, she was sick with the stomach flu all weekend so our plans didn't work out there. I delivered a really nice flower arrangement to her at the quarry this morning at 6am and she absolutely loved it! It was a drive(1 hour each way) after getting off work at 12:30am but totally worth it. We're trying again for this Saturday.

I don’t want to be alone when I’m old lol. Plus I like kids. I hope to have at least 4 but I’ll settle for 2 or 3. I want to have people to do stuff with and that I can teach. Plus I believe that’s our duty as humans to have kids. It seems there would be a large blank space in my life if I don’t end up having any. Of course I have to find someone first but I hopefully will one day. I agree they are expensive but they are joy. Yes the times aren’t great to raise a family in but I think it can be done. And hopefully they would share my hobbies too. In that case they would be just as spendy as me too haha.
(y)

We met in a psych ward in 1999. She was there to evaluate a patient for a project. No, I was not the patient I was there for an interview. While waiting for our appointments we got to talk and it turned out we were both into surfing and climbing.

Northbound train out of PHL, headed to NYP. I got off in NY, she went on the NHV. Married nine months later living together in Philly. Still in married 23 years later.

having kids and a family is a blessing. we weren't created to be alone. the narrative pushers will tell you to worry about worldly possessions and ignore the most important thing in life: God, Family and Traditions. i pray you find someone who complements you.

College. I was involved in a faith group, my junior year one of the new gals kinda caught my eye—she was in the forestry dept, so, the notion of someone who could handle a chainsaw perked my interested (hey I lived in Maine, leave me alone). Her roommate was weird though. Year later they moved off campus to an apartment somewhat close to mine. I went over one night just to say hi—and basically never left, ‘cuz they made the mistake of feeding me. :)

Couple years went by and it turns out, the weird one and I hit it off. We’re both odd in our own ways I guess. Good friends for a couple years, 2 years of dating, now 20 years of marriage. We’re both convinced that, if anything happened to the other, the remaining would be single forever, just unlikely to ever find a close enough match.

College. I was involved in a faith group, my junior year one of the new gals kinda caught my eye—she was in the forestry dept, so, the notion of someone who could handle a chainsaw perked my interested (hey I lived in Maine, leave me alone). Her roommate was weird though. Year later they moved off campus to an apartment somewhat close to mine. I went over one night just to say hi—and basically never left, ‘cuz they made the mistake of feeding me. :)

Couple years went by and it turns out, the weird one and I hit it off. We’re both odd in our own ways I guess. Good friends for a couple years, 2 years of dating, now 20 years of marriage. We’re both convinced that, if anything happened to the other, the remaining would be single forever, just unlikely to ever find a close enough match.
wholesome

Well, the girlfriend and I met at the Monaca PA food bank/Beaver County food dispensary about 2 years ago. She told her friend to ask e about her 10’ Chrysler 200. She’s shy, way more than me, but her 19 year old daughter loves me ( I don’t know why) 🍻😍

Back