Home Invasion Robbery today :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to call that "Calumet City" (Illinois). Couldn't deal with the gunshots, kids playing with guns across the street with bullet holes in the wall just above my aunt's head as proof that 10 year-olds shouldn't be playing with handguns on the street corner...

Originally Posted By: kaboom10
Some states protect the scum.

They have the crime rates to show for it.

Welcome to Michigan. The law reads you're better to help them than stop them.

Kaboom, your opinion seems to differ than the language of Michigan's 2006 "shoot first" law. Why?

"Here is the Michigan legislative language, from House Bill 5143:

A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or to another person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

I just read through this thread and wow..

Solo, what the heck is attracting all this attention to your home?

I hope you were able to acquire a proper firearm. Reading this thread convinced me to grab my shotgun out of the safe, just in case.

I'd like to share this thread over at ar15.com if it's alright. Those guys thrive off this stuff and there are probably some local members who would lend a hand with security.

It has probably changed then since I took my CCW class before then. We had an ex-cop and a lawyer along with the instructor. I'm glad it has been changed for the home owner. Now if they would just put the death penalty on the table.

Reddy-- sure, share away. We were completely unfamiliar with the area and counted on a realtor from our church to find a house to rent near my wife's new job. I guess the area isn't necessarily "bad", but gets so much traffic people traveling through that problems arise...both our pastor and the realtors themselves live blocks from us in the same area, I guess we just attract trouble as we just moved in 6 months ago.

It's the fresh meat syndrome..........
06.gif

I would get a rottweiler or maybe a pair of them, a good security system, some closed circuit cameras and a DVR, and a gun! Then I would wait for them to come back...
LOL.gif

Many years ago when I had a beagle I thought of putting a couple of disjointed skeletons in the yard along with a "Beware Of Dog" sign... Don't think it would do much good nowadays.

Yeah, the "castle laws" definitely need to be enacted in all 50 states...

I'm really glad you are OK.

My Aussie did chew up my "beware of dog" sign, it makes it look SUPER MEAN. I'll have to post a pic...at first I was mad, but then I thought -- heck, she's so mean she tore up the sign! And it's metal!

Almost bought a defender shotgun tonight after the sporting goods store was out of .38 special ammo.

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
My Aussie did chew up my "beware of dog" sign, it makes it look SUPER MEAN. I'll have to post a pic...at first I was mad, but then I thought -- heck, she's so mean she tore up the sign! And it's metal!

Almost bought a defender shotgun tonight after the sporting goods store was out of .38 special ammo.

With the amount of criminal activity you report around your house, I'd consider an assault rifle!

UPDATE--

Another attempt today at my house, guy was alone but same MO--- pull into driveway, case the place, try to get in. But this time, I was armed.

About 30 minutes ago, guy pulls up into my long driveway and parts right under my office window...like 4 feet further up than my wife, so I am alerted right away. He shuts his car off, gets out, checks out my car and all front windows and security gates. I'm waiting inside, .410 shotgun and Glock 23 ready. He sticks his nose up to my office window, and is greeted by the .40 S&W. No shots fired, he hauls [censored] back into his car, starts it up, backs down the driveway and onto Richmond. No front plate, but I got his rear plate-- FMZ 404. Call 911, report all to dispatch. Plate comes back off of a '92 Oldsmobile in another far-off TX city, this car was an '05+ Chevy Impala, dark blue, with blacked out windows. Guy is young, 16-24, black male, very skinny, loose clothing, large gold chain (big hoop, but thin). Seen heading eastbound on Richmond Ave at Gessner, 9:45am.

TIME TO MOVE????!!!!!!

Recall this is not the first time this has happened to me since moving here to TX.

My uncle who has passed away lived in Miami, Fl. He had a real nice flag pole installed and the USA flag flying. He also had two german shepards. One day a guy was stealing the flag and one of the german shepards went through the front bay window and pounced on the thief with those nice sharp teeth. Never had a problem again at his house.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Is all of Houston that bad?
54.gif
I don't get it. Does this happen to everyone else, or just you solo?
I've got a few friends who live in Houston and they say that the area went real bad after Katrina.

He is NOT alone..
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back