Home Invasion Robbery today :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Is all of Houston that bad?
54.gif
I don't get it. Does this happen to everyone else, or just you solo?
I've got a few friends who live in Houston and they say that the area went real bad after Katrina.

Ahhhhhhhhh. That adds up. Houston is New Orleans before Katrina.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Are there any bad neighborhoods surrounding your neighborhood ?

Just the neighborhood in front of my driveway, on either side of my lawns, and behind the house. Just those areas.

Pack up and get the #&** out of Dodge (Houston) before something really bad happens.

If your wife says no, then she needs to watch the movie 'Death Wish' with Charles Bronson.

Glenn Beck show on FOX just did a segment today on how bad things are in Houston and other close by cities. What a mess there and just across the border. They told how many murders and be-headings there had been in 2008 by the drug cartel. On track for a 50% increase in these murders for 2009.

Originally Posted By: mckennaiii
Glenn Beck show on FOX just did a segment today on how bad things are in Houston and other close by cities. What a mess there and just across the border. They told how many murders and be-headings there had been in 2008 by the drug cartel. On track for a 50% increase in these murders for 2009.

I saw that as well. Houston's crime rate is several times worse than the national average thanks to it's proximity to Mexico.

With the flood of illegals, the same things are happening here as well.
mad.gif

I'm beginning to understand why there were so many tall fences and dead ends that made it difficult to efficiently walk or drive anywhere in the somewhat affluent neighbourhood (near Bendwood Park) I was staying when I was down in Houston for some job training a couple of years ago!

Given that law abiding citizens can carry concealed in Texas, I've got to wonder how the baddies stay alive in Houston.

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
There are only 100,000 so CCW permits issued in Texas, there is something like 20 million residents.
Lots of room for hooliganism.

As of 12/31/2008, there were 314,574 license holders

In light of home invasions becoming more and more common on the news, I finally made my gun purchase last weekend. (Finally) found a home defense shotgun at Academy. New England firearms 6-shot pump action, 18.5" barrel. Nothing fancy, but it seems to be a well made gun.

Now I need to find a skeet shooting range so I can actually shoot it.

One night I was with a friend and apparently I mouthed off in front some girl who happened to know about fifteen Vietnamese gangstas in front of a bar down the block.

I remember grabbing my friend by the collar, pointing down an alley way, telling him we gotta go and turning on the jets.

I ran the fastest 40, 60, 110 and 220 of my life all in a row when that happened. No shots fired, but I was more worried about them catching me and aerating me manually.

At least you live in Texas. Here in the northeast if someone broke into my apartment and attacked me and I shot them (not that I have a gun), I'd probably be sued and arrested.

Ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
(Finally) found a home defense shotgun at Academy. New England firearms 6-shot pump action, 18.5" barrel. Nothing fancy, but it seems to be a well made gun.

Now I need to find a skeet shooting range so I can actually shoot it.

I can't even imagine rolling out of bed at 2:30 am to check out a noise in a different part of the house with a shot gun. Not to mention holding the flashlight and gun at the same time.

For me, it's my Ruger SP101 and a quality LED with 180 output. And yes I've rolled out of bed several times with it.

Last time was when I heard the shots, got up, checked the doors, and made sure I didn't see anyone out the windows. I definitely didn't go outside.

Noisy dog is the best first line of defense. Motion detecting lights with (perhaps) some kind of chime/alarm inside would be effective after you tuned them correctly.

Being under frequent siege ..tough position. I could never be a resident paranoid. I'm way too lazy. I'd have to configure the environment to handle most of it for me. Our dogs have always proven to be the best deterrent to home entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back