High school class reunions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Smoky14
I was asked to NOT to attend my 10yr reunion because I had been to Vietnam and my warrior persona was not appreciated. I have been invited since but I have not gone even though an apology was extended.
Forgive yes, forget NO

Smoky

Welcome home Smoky.

Had my 35th 2 years ago. Close by, but I was scheduled to be at work and couldn't see taking a vacation day to go. Might go to our 40th if it is convenient for me to do so. I talk to a lot of my classmates on Facebook and saw the picture's. Did not recognize a lot of them. Time marches on and does not wait for any of us.

There were only a few instantly recognizable from yearbook photos. I wasn't (I have gained a full beard and glasses, and lost most of my hair), but my wife was. I would also bet she was also the only one driving the same car to the reunion that she did to graduation.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
I was asked to NOT to attend my 10yr reunion because I had been to Vietnam and my warrior persona was not appreciated. I have been invited since but I have not gone even though an apology was extended.
Forgive yes, forget NO

Smoky

I served also but in my case never left the states.

Welcome back to the Real World, Smoky

Had zero interest in attending my high school reunion.

Ex girl friend from high school was looking for me on Facebook. Unfortunately she runs into my older sister one day and my sister gives her my phone number.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Had zero interest in attending my high school reunion.

Ex girl friend from high school was looking for me on Facebook. Unfortunately she runs into my older sister one day and my sister gives her my phone number.

Yes, I had an incident similar to that too. My brother did it to me and I wished he hadn't.

I recently crashed a 45th high school reunion. I went to a different hs after 8th grade. I had been in contact with one of the girls for a few years and she asked if I was interested in attending. So for me, it essentially turned into a 49 year anniversary. Some of the guys looked just like older versions of themselves. The women were more difficult as I had to rely on red hair or a distinctive facial structure - most of the girls I just couldn't place to their younger selves. But it was fun and I was glad I attended. I haven't attended any of the other hs events.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back