Old Oklahoma high school listed for sale as single-family home

In my area they usually just sell the building to private schools. Elementary turns into Stratford, high school into charter school or some sort of international school / private school, etc.

In my area they usually just sell the building to private schools. Elementary turns into Stratford, high school into charter school or some sort of international school / private school, etc.

There's an old junior high/middle school in my school district that had to close because of earthquake concerns. I heard that the place closed down more than 20 years ago but I've driven by and it's still fenced off and the buildings are still there unoccupied. The district still owns it and could probably sell it to housing developers, but I'm not sure if it's zoned for that.

Another school was torn down for similar reasons and a lot of it is just empty grass, but part of it (the old basketball courts) seems to host some private school in portable buildings.

Never heard of one being advertised as a single family home, but this investor turned one into an apartment building.

Cool project that took a crazy amount of money to finish.

I know of a old hospital that was converted into a hotel.

Very unusual and weird situation/ property to say the least. With single family home prices at record highs, and some indicators pointing to a very large surge in single family home prices if interest rates drop a couple points- wonder if some people may look at a property of this nature that are priced out of traditional homes. Not that this is any bargain at 60k- I think just roofing the place would more than the sales price.

BURBANK, Okla. (KOKH) — An old high school in Burbank, Oklahoma, has been listed for sale as a single-family home.

Listed for $60,000, the high-school-turned-home was originally constructed in 1924 and contains 17,408 square feet of living space sitting on a 1.76-acre lot. The residence is listed as a single-family home with five bedrooms and four bathrooms.

Looking at the pictures, the movie 'The Money Pit' comes to mind!

Built in 1924? You can bet that there's very little insulation in that place. Also it may well have asbestos in it and could well be a pending Super-Fund site that could costs millions to "rehabilitate", particularly in the People's Republic of California.

With 1.76 acres of property, you REALLY have to wonder why the city or county hasn't bulldozed it and built a new school or other facility there.

They sell to highest bidder here do what you want.

One golden oldie has been owned by an artist couple for 40 years as a home whith lots of strange sculptures and artwork throughout,

Another became a live in daycare

Others got converted into a large garage + small business headquarters with sleeping quarters.

If a person can’t maintain who cares?
It’s their right to fail.

Turn it into a MOUT training facility. The Army converted Muscatatuck from a mental ward to a full out MOUT training facility.

Wait.....is this just a bad angle or is there a heart shaped tub in that place?

1686007755822.png

Seriously though, that place has some REALLY weird facilities in it for being a school. Almost like it lived a second life as a filming location....for adult videos.

Back