Generation Bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with all the crying and whining about how absolutely awful the current generation of youth is?

It's getting so annoying logging on and seeing the same garbage every time. A new thread with the same opinions over and over again. The same people whining on and on about how awful today's youth is as if the generations ahead of them didn't think they were a bunch of lazy, disrespectful turds too.

Yes there are lazy and worthless millennials. Guess who raised them; lazy and worthless gen-xers. Guess who raised those gen-xers; lazy and worthless baby boomers and so on and so on. Some people suck and some people don't; that's just how things work, and it has nothing to do with when they were born.

Anyway, if people find pleasure in this topic and the nostalgia, be my guest. However I just felt the strange need to let those who participate in it know that you gotta be some kind of stupid to think your own generation was viewed any more favorably by the ones before it.

(I can't wait for all the comments about me needing to go back to my "safe place" and needing a trophy......yeesh)

Socrates often complained that the younger generation has no respect for their elders and was living a life of bad habits that would soon catch up with them.

yep your generation sucks!
and mine too!
and my parents too!

now get off my lawn... i need to change my waxy penzoil and my orange can....

incidentally i work with some pretty sharp straight out of college guys/gals and yep , they work hard (and play hard especially tuesday/wednesday night.... shots specials night.....)

Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist
What is with all the crying and whining about how absolutely awful the current generation of youth is?

It's getting so annoying logging on and seeing the same garbage every time. A new thread with the same opinions over and over again. The same people whining on and on about how awful today's youth is as if the generations ahead of them didn't think they were a bunch of lazy, disrespectful turds too.

Yes there are lazy and worthless millennials. Guess who raised them; lazy and worthless gen-xers. Guess who raised those gen-xers; lazy and worthless baby boomers and so on and so on. Some people suck and some people don't; that's just how things work, and it has nothing to do with when they were born.

Anyway, if people find pleasure in this topic and the nostalgia, be my guest. However I just felt the strange need to let those who participate in it know that you gotta be some kind of stupid to think your own generation was viewed any more favorably by the ones before it.

(I can't wait for all the comments about me needing to go back to my "safe place" and needing a trophy......yeesh)

If they don't bash you personally, why would you bother with it?

Spend your energy and time on important things.

Yes I have ulterior motives beyond venting and trying to provide a disarming juxtaposition......figure out what they are and report back to us.

Says the guy who is crying and whining about "generation bashing". Suck it up buttercup, it's been something every previous generation has dealt with and future generations will continue to deal with. Soon enough you'll be the one "crying and whining" about the current generation of youth.

I agree - what I get a kick out of is that the older generations who complain about the younger forget that they are the ones who raised the younger!

IF they had a valid argument, they'd have to put partial blame on themselves.

My own bit of generation bashing - ironically, the boomers seem to be the loudest and most self-entitled ones; endlessly ranting about how successful their generation was, how they deserve EVERYTHING, and how the younger folk won't match their accomplishments by will...
Accomplishments, right. Accomplished being born with a silver spoon in the mouth. Growing up in the post-war economy in what was easily the greatest country in the world, making them (relatively speaking) the luckiest generation in history. But, if you ask them, they 'earned' it and we younger generations just have to work harder!

lulz.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Says the guy who is crying and whining about "generation bashing". Suck it up buttercup, it's been something every previous generation has dealt with and future generations will continue to deal with. Soon enough you'll be the one "crying and whining" about the current generation of youth.

You sure got me pegged. Don't I feel like a dummy.
crazy.gif

Yes I have ulterior motives beyond venting and trying to provide a disarming juxtaposition......figure out what they are and report back to us.

There's only one that can do this. It aint me.

Oh come on!. The only generation worth a [censored] is mine, the previous ones were wrapped in in how wonderful they were and totally unappreciative of all we did. The ones after mine had no respect for all we did and think we are too wrapped up in how wonderful we were.........

Claud.

Originally Posted By: emmett442
I agree - what I get a kick out of is that the older generations who complain about the younger forget that they are the ones who raised the younger!

My own bit of generation bashing - ironically, the boomers seem to be the loudest and most self-entitled ones; endlessly ranting about how successful their generation was, how they deserve EVERYTHING, and how us younger folk won't match their accomplishments...
Accomplishments, right. Accomplished being born with a silver spoon in the mouth. Growing up in the post-war economy in what was easily the greatest country in the world, making them (relatively speaking) the luckiest generation in history. But, if you ask them, they 'earned' it and we younger generations just have to work harder!

lulz.

Yep, we are all lucky to be born in the USA.

Where I come from the only reply to that crying would be, put some cement in your beer and harden up a little.!!!
Kleenex ??

Originally Posted By: Claud
Oh come on!. The only generation worth a [censored] is mine, the previous ones were wrapped in in how wonderful they were and totally unappreciative of all we did. The ones after mine had no respect for all we did and think we are too wrapped up in how wonderful we were.........

Claud.

Heyyyyy, I see what you did there......
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: emmett442

My own bit of generation bashing - ironically, the boomers seem to be the loudest and most self-entitled ones; endlessly ranting about how successful their generation was, how they deserve EVERYTHING, and how the younger folk won't match their accomplishments by will...

lulz.
Some have difficulty with the fact that many of us have kids of that age
who have done very well, and the average whining snowflake doesn't look real good in comparison.

Originally Posted By: Blocker
Where I come from the only reply to that crying would be, put some cement in your beer and harden up a little.!!!

Hiya mate!

so if my math is right, that mix upstairs ^^^ = 2L cement recipient for drinking beer?... probably you need a 25# bag of cement for that.....
=as in drinking beer and exercising/lifting weights at the same time?

P.S. you are new here, but you are already home. Welcome!

Completely agree.

People get primitive satisfaction from pretending they have some insight that makes them morally superior to others. Understandable, but stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back