How Many Millennials Here On BITOG? Check-In

Status
Not open for further replies.
1994 here, so towards the end of the millennial generation. I remember at a family gathering about 7-8 years, my aunt was spouting off about how all kids i.e. "millennials" were lazy. I then pointed out to her that you're the generation that raised us "lazy millennials" and you're also in fact, calling me and my younger brother lazy. She then corrected herself say that we were the exception. My experience has been that me and my brother aren't the exception. Sure, I know some lazy people my age, but I see lazy people of other generations too.
The only generation in history to never look back and think “man, you know, I was young and stupid once too… ”

No sir! They are the only ones to have it all figured out from the jump. Just ask them. Or wait long enough cause they’ll tell you all about it. Parents were dumb and their kids are dumb (well, not “their kids” cause that would imply they are not perfect.)

The “Me” generation indeed. Sarcasm… of course 😉

The other generations wouldn’t have even made it past the Kansas River!(and probably won’t even get that reference 🤣)

We drank pure caffeinated sugar and didn’t die!

Attachments

• IMG_4962.jpg
    IMG_4962.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 3
You were using dialup in 2008? I didn't even know it was still around. Heck, even my landline was gone around 2005.
My parents logic was “the iMac can’t handle high speed internet!” The iMac in question being a iMac g3 with a 500mhz single core CPU. My parents kept their landline until they moved out 3 years ago!

Once I got my license and started driving I convinced my dad and started chipping in for some 20mbps DSL lol

Waiting for the Gen Alpha thread! 🍿
Let’s just work on Gen Alpha not destroying my house and talking in coherent sentences first!
IMG_8943.jpeg

Model year 1987 here. Married w/ 2 kids, and I can drive a stick. I've got the regulation standard dad-bod.

EDIT - For Millennial things - I hate avocados and I work my tail off trying to earn enough money to put me on the same economic level as my parents. I don't know anyone my age *truly* lazy, but maybe that's just generational bias? I worry about my kids growing up, I really do. If I were to buy my house at current market value with the current salaries my wife and I bring in we couldn't make it. It's insane out there right now.

Just barely at the end of being a millennial but think I may be defective since i show up to work on time consistently, can drive a stick shift, and work in skilled trades on off shifts
Same thing here… learned to drive stick on an International flatbed truck with air brakes, and I work some horrible combination of 2nd and 3rd shift in a machine shop.

Lol - gotta throw them on some chores to keep them busy. View attachment 190077
They certainly love to help!

Also the grille off my ram is SIGNIFICANTLY larger than I thought it was.
IMG_6330.jpeg

I met a kid, in uniform, in Iraq that was born after the towers fell.

Really messed me up for a while.

Wow, that's friggin crazy. It's crazy to think some kid who was born after 9/11 could still die in a war their dad served in.

I didn't use dial up internet beyond about 1998.
I didn’t have dial up internet at home until 1998.

First experience with internet was at School circa 1995, via AOL on a 486sx25 w/4mb of ram, then later via a shared T1 to the network. (Only certain machines had internet)

I kept Dial up on and off through 2016, was anywhere from free to $4.95 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back