Why are millennials obsessed with Baby Boomers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't thumb across some new web pages without a "xxx things BB do / think are cool/ wish they would stop doing/wish they start doing that millennials hate"etc.
Im 64 ....almost 65 .....
I cant imagine wasting hours coming up with list about some xxxxx generation does that bothers me, All i can say is i never had kids...never cared anything about it and knew i had zero biz with kids....my life has been helping cats/animals.....but i wish some people had used more contraceptives.
My GF now who is 65 was the same as me never married no kids....but dedicated her life to helping dogs cats and horses....and we both dont like mayo.

Hahaha, there is no winning this one. The younger generation has demonized the older, while completely discounting achievements. They truly feel entitled, most don't want to work and the vast majority lack any form of innovative skills. I don't care, they can wallow in their own incompetence.

In fact, there is an entire generation of people who feel that Western Science is the devil and the entire thing "must be scratched off".

I'm Director of Maintenance for a very high end corporate flight department. I can't imagine who they are going to hire when I retire. There are exactly zero Gen Z folks capable of doing the job.

I'm a boomer. I just learned about the new craze called "quiet quitting". I am applying quiet quitting to all aspects of living. Yes, I am just going to quit putting 200% effort into living. I might pursue my bucket list and become a lifeguard on an ocean beach country club swimming pool.

I'm a millennial, and I think it's a whole "kids these days" type of mentality brought on by older people. I have a large circle of people just from having a very large family, my own business, and having worked for multiple organizations. There are certainly people who fit the "lazy millennial" stereotype, I know plenty of them. There are also several who are the hardest working people I've ever met. Same goes for other generations. I know people who complain about younger people yet they worked a cush government job they "fell into" with zero work experience, have zero work ethic, and retire making 6 figures. It's more common in government than corporate for sure.

Times are more difficult now than they were years ago, there is no denying that. Anyone with some financial sense can tell you the cost of living has gone way up, and wages haven't kept up. I posted in another thread about how my dad worked in an entry level position at the University I work at now back in the 1980s, and they just posted that position with a starting salary only a few grand higher than what he made then.

Complaining won't help, but some people choose to blame other generations. Many of us millennials just choose to work hard and do our best, but like anything those who complain loudest are usually the only ones heard. The current issues I see in younger people (both my age and younger) 100% stem from poor parenting. My dad had me mowing the neighborhood lawns when I was 10 while other kids were playing video games. I hated it then but appreciate it now.

I can't thumb across some new web pages without a "xxx things BB do / think are cool/ wish they would stop doing/wish they start doing that millennials hate"etc.
Im 64 ....almost 65 .....
I cant imagine wasting hours coming up with list about some xxxxx generation does that bothers me, All i can say is i never had kids...never cared anything about it and knew i had zero biz with kids....my life has been helping cats/animals.....but i wish some people had used more contraceptives.
My GF now who is 65 was the same as me never married no kids....but dedicated her life to helping dogs cats and horses....and we both dont like mayo.
Because they assumed I wanted their opinion - when it’s only the opinion of my wife and my boss that count …
Wish all generations the best but don’t want to over pay for it …

I notice a lot of boomers complaining the millennials are lazy, don't want to work, are entitled....etc. It goes both ways.

Entitled people of all ages do exist.

Lazy people of all ages do exist.

Poop heads of all ages do exist.
People need to be less focused on what others are doing, and focus on themselves and how they can improve their own life. There will always be someone who has more, has it easier, etc, but there are always those who have less.

I'm a millennial, and I think it's a whole "kids these days" type of mentality brought on by older people. I have a large circle of people just from having a very large family, my own business, and having worked for multiple organizations. There are certainly people who fit the "lazy millennial" stereotype, I know plenty of them. There are also several who are the hardest working people I've ever met. Same goes for other generations. I know people who complain about younger people yet they worked a cush government job they "fell into" with zero work experience, have zero work ethic, and retire making 6 figures. It's more common in government than corporate for sure.

Times are more difficult now than they were years ago, there is no denying that. Anyone with some financial sense can tell you the cost of living has gone way up, and wages haven't kept up. I posted in another thread about how my dad worked in an entry level position at the University I work at now back in the 1980s, and they just posted that position with a starting salary only a few grand higher than what he made then.

Complaining won't help, but some people choose to blame other generations. Many of us millennials just choose to work hard and do our best, but like anything those who complain loudest are usually the only ones heard. The current issues I see in younger people (both my age and younger) 100% stem from poor parenting. My dad had me mowing the neighborhood lawns when I was 10 while other kids were playing video games. I hated it then but appreciate it now.
That went on when I was young

I always hear about the “entitled millennials” but when I was in customer service it was an old guy that threw a fit over not getting his way 9/10. Or even better the parent calling to negotiate/complain for their grown child.

The last Boomer v. Millenial thread ended up going ugly. With members getting warnings, etc.

This one is heading the same way. Lock time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back