The Electric Army

Hyperbole is strong in this thread

You live in GA. You realize that GA Power is asking for the 4th rate increase in 12 months right now, don't you?

I've been telling people for the last 2 years that their power bill will be double what it was in 2021 before 2030, more like 2027. Lots of folks can't comprehend it, many don't believe it, many act like they don't care. I assure you, you and everyone else will be made to care.

Because with electricity going up (due to a myriad of reasons), it will cascade down on everything you touch, just like the price of diesel fuel does.

So for all the under-50 crowd that thinks inflation will end soon and "prices will go back down", think again. There's not going to be an "end to inflation" if this country keeps going on this stupid path we're on right now.

You live in GA. You realize that GA Power is asking for the 4th rate increase in 12 months right now, don't you?

I've been telling people for the last 2 years that their power bill will be double what it was in 2021 before 2030, more like 2027. Lots of folks can't comprehend it, many don't believe it, many act like they don't care. I assure you, you and everyone else will be made to care.

Because with electricity going up (due to a myriad of reasons), it will cascade down on everything you touch, just like the price of diesel fuel does.

So for all the under-50 crowd that thinks inflation will end soon and "prices will go back down", think again. There's not going to be an "end to inflation" if this country keeps going on this stupid path we're on right now.
I live in Cobb County. I'm not surprised GA Power is asking for a rate increase after all one only has to look at the $30B price tag on the new reactors at Vogtle.

Remember we've had periods of inflation thorough out history. It's not as bad as it was in the 1970's. Business cycles are normal.

Really.... A fuel truck follows along....so what will they have a electric truck to follow to charge a electric tank...That will work great :ROFLMAO:

There is no proposal to completely electrify tanks. About the most is work on a hybrid drive system for the M1 Abrams and future tanks.

Again - the talk about full EVs is about base vehicles which are an overwhelming proportion of the vehicles that the DoD operates.

I live in Cobb County. I'm not surprised GA Power is asking for a rate increase after all one only has to look at the $30B price tag on the new reactors at Vogtle.

Remember we've had periods of inflation thorough out history. It's not as bad as it was in the 1970's. Business cycles are normal.
I live in Cobb County too. Our EMC isn't even taking part in Plant Vogtle.

We currently have the lowest rates in the state. About 20% less than average. The kWh is 7.3 cents an hour for the Smart Choice plan which adds up to only about 1.5 cents per mile for our EVs.

EVs mainly charge during the times when the grid doesn't have capacity issues. Also there's a lot of anti-EV propaganda out there that's helping keep EV buying down.

Once Ford and GM are full tilt on EV production you'll see those anti-EV media outlets sing a different tune. If our rates go up here, it won't be by all that much. California is probably a different story.

Really.... A fuel truck follows along....so what will they have a electric truck to follow to charge a electric tank...That will work great :ROFLMAO:
You assume now or past , not that another method will come to fruition or what a charge station is or will be.

The interesting thing to me about EV driveline is that the likely original battery system can be replaced or supplemented with anything as technology emerges including fuel cells.

You assume now or past , not that another method will come to fruition or what a charge station is or will be.

The interesting thing to me about EV driveline is that the likely original battery system can be replaced or supplemented with anything as technology emerges including fuel cells.

They're going to need to be judicious as to what types of EV or fuel cell vehicles are suited for forward deployment. At least with current technology, it's not going to be tanks or the Humvee replacement. But one thing that the DoD is good at is setting up infrastructure.

I'm not sure that modifying the power source is really going to be all that practical for the types of vehicles that the DoD says are definitely going to be a nearly 100% EV/fuel cell fleet. They'll probably do a battery replacement once before retiring them and selling them as surplus. But actual combat vehicles are constantly being improved because they have to be when a new F-35 costs $80 million. I'm not sure it really makes all that much sense to do that for a bus or a car. Those are more or less useful for a period of time and it makes sense to just replace it with something newer.

Back