First oil filter you ever bought

A Wix at the local parts store. It was all they carried, and they were proud of it. I think I paid $9 in 2006 for whatever fit a 91 chevy 454. Found the walmart oil aisle and started buying Fram orange can. I remember being able to buy 2 Fram for the same price as 1 Wix.

The first OC combo that I remember buying was an AC filter and Wolf's Head oil for a 1968 Firebird with the OHC 6 cylinder in 1974.
That was my first car...cost $500...and the engine was not one of GM finest creations...

A normal orange can Fram PH5343 for a 1991 Mazda B2200 pick up in 1996.

Now I use mostly OEM, or Fleetguard. I did just try a Motorcraft on the LT150 and will probably put one on the Jeep next OCI.

Just my $0.02

Napa Gold from the NAPA across the highway. NAPA was the longtime largest national chain here until O'Reilly appeared 20 years ago and Autozone just recently.

Carquest Standard. My flavor of choice now is Mobil 1 or Napa Platinum miss writing the mileage on date with a black sharpie. Always have to find my **** silver sharpie with these black filter cans.

Dunno....since the first oil filter I purchased was back in the early 1970's, that event is lost to the mists of time and age....but I'd wager even money that it was a Fram.

Back