First oil filter you ever bought

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Come on man... You know darn well it was a Fram orange can,.. you just don't want to admit it...

:LOL:

It was a Deutsch oil filter from AutoZone in mid to late '94. I don't remember if it was for the '75 Monte Carlo with the 350 or the '70 C-10 with the 250. I do remember reading the label and how it was precision made and how it had some sort filtration percentage rate in the high 90s. Sounded good to my 16yo self so I bought it.

It was around 1986 or 1987 when I bought the then Wal-Mart house brand oil filter. I wanna say it was a "Tech 2000" brand oil filter before it became SuperTech. Came in clear plastic case packaging that I have never seen since. No idea of who the OEM of it was. For sure knew it was not Fram.

It was a Ryco Z30 for a Holden Commodore with a blue 202ci. I used to only buy Ryco filters back in the day.

Thanks to this thread I got to feel ________. _______ is the word for the DEEP tingle you get from stirred memory.
I hadn't heard or thought of Lee filters in decades.

Didn't Lee try modernizing their logo and packaging to, say, "'60's into '70's cool" before folding?

Forget the name of it.....but it was the Fram w the Teflon inside. 16 years old...first car....bought it was a now defunct department store called Zair...... Dad always used Frams....still does....asked him why and he said his dad only used Frams. I like orange too. i graduated from UF...Go Gators. As good of a reason as any I suppose.

Im still partial and brand loyal to Fram and mostly use orange cans still and Fram jobbers in my service department and on my trucks and personal cars. Never had a single problem.

I personally don’t think oil filters are that important if you follow OEM OCIs. Anything meeting spec will do just fine. Not worth spending on ”designer filters” IMO and experience.

First: Fram EG. Last: Fram EG. I throw in an OEM here and there if I can find a good price or have a dealer oil change.

All my dad used growing up. I've been laughing at BITOGers who fear the Orange Can for years!

My first car (late 80s) was a 1973 VW Beetle and IIRC I never changed the oil or filter! But if I did, my first filter was probably whatever the cheapest option was for that model. At the time I was also building a 396 Chevy and my first filter for that engine was a K&N.

No idea, back in the stone age. ;)
Ditto. Whatever it was was a canister for my 67 Camaro and it came from Ames Dept Store. Boy was I glad to see those awful Lannister's go away. Little did I know they'd come back even worse........Thanks Toyota but at least we shamed you into ditching most of those again

It was 1979, bought my first car...a 1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham with an Olds 350cu engine.
AC Delhi filter and Wolfs Head 10w30 oil...Dino of course!

Back