First oil filter you ever bought

Probably back in 1977, when I was 12 or so. I did an oil change on my mom's 1975 Chrysler Cordoba after reading about how to do an oil change in Popular Mechanics or similar in the library.

Kudos to my mom for trusting her 12 year old son to do this.

Bought the oil and filter from a store called the Discount House. Oil was likely Pennsoil and whatever filter the book said fit a 400cu in Chrysler engine.

I first bought a WIX for my 88’ Cutlass Ciera “iron duke” 4cylinder. What was the first oil filter you ever bought?

happy Saturday BITOGERS 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻🤟🏻

I believe it was a Wix filter (cartridge style) for a 1958 Oldsmobile. I remember it was always difficult to get the gasket sealed properly. It was my grandpas car and it was given to me. That old 394 cubic inch engine with a 4 speed automatic transmission would really go fairly well.

Sad but true. And let me tell you from experience, "nothing good comes from getting old." lol You'll only know what I mean as you get "old."

I will say going totally blind in my left eye at the age of 23 and a half years old, being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, having many days where I was hardly able to walk, and having times where I just could not make it to the bathroom in time around that time and ever since April of 99....

I have understood things very, very, very differently...

I greatly appreciated the good days and good spells. . I appreciated times where I could really help people. I understood where my older patients where coming from in a way many people my age usually don't. I understood loss... Loss of abilities... And how hard that is to try to deal with.

It was a great great feeling helping a 99 year old lady get up from a chair so that she could walk with her walker. I could lift her up and I would talk to her the entire time letting her know that she was ok and that she was safe... Then walk beside her as she walked about or say to and from dinner. She was a wonderful lady who interestingly was from my home county just across the York river. It is a tremendous and amazing feeling helping someone do what they want to do...

I will say going totally blind in my left eye at the age of 23 and a half years old, being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, having many days where I was hardly able to walk, and having times where I just could not make it to the bathroom in time around that time and ever since April of 99....

I have understood things very, very, very differently...

I greatly appreciated the good days and good spells. . I appreciated times where I could really help people. I understood where my older patients where coming from in a way many people my age usually don't. I understood loss... Loss of abilities... And how hard that is to try to deal with.

It was a great great feeling helping a 99 year old lady get up from a chair so that she could walk with her walker. I could lift her up and I would talk to her the entire time letting her know that she was ok and that she was safe... Then walk beside her as she walked about or say to and from dinner. She was a wonderful lady who interestingly was from my home county just across the York river. It is a tremendous and amazing feeling helping someone do what they want to do...
God Bless you!!

For me it was a Mobil1 oil filter. I had just turned 18 and had gotten my first job, back then I only used Mobil1 oil because my father and uncle always said it was the best. Fun times.

1982 - Canadian Tire branded filter (Motomaster) 17-1728 (BOP AC PF-24 equivalent) for my 1970 Pontiac. I also bought their house branded oil as well "back in the day".

Probably a standard Purolator or Fram for my 1972 AMC Gremlin. I didn't know much at the time, but I did the best I could.

2006: I was but a child at that time, and my dad said find a filter that is orange, and has ph7xxx (something like that) written on it.
it turned out to be a fram unit for the van.

Back