SUPER TECH 9688 CUT OPEN

If one observes the construction of the topic 9688 vs the Hy/Kia or other 9688/3593a it's easy to see the that part of the sealing gasket that may 'appear beveled' is actually the extention of the sealing gasket to the outer diameter edge of the filter, so it's significantly wider. That versus the standard 9688/3593a sealing gasket that have a space between seal gasket OD and outer diameter of filter. In my observation, topic filter would then be less likely to leak, if that's even a consideration.

Add that to member wemay saying....
My Hyundai 2.0T gets these regularly. Never had an issue. Nice solid construction imo......

I'd be confident using them Hy/Kia applications.

If one observes the construction of the topic 9688 vs the Hy/Kia or other 9688/3593a it's easy to see the that part of the sealing gasket that may 'appear beveled' is actually the extention of the sealing gasket to the outer diameter edge of the filter, so it's significantly wider. That versus the standard 9688/3593a sealing gasket that have a space between seal gasket OD and outer diameter of filter. In my observation, topic filter would then be less likely to leak, if that's even a consideration.

Add that to member wemay saying....

I'd be confident using them Hy/Kia applications.
*Thanks - that seems reasonable ...

Correct on the gasket. It’s what’s known as a “P” type. The Hyundai/KIA filter has a similar style gasket as do the WIX 51334 and NAPA Gold 1334.

Back